Game crashing on startup

Just downloaded the torrent for GSC2012, installed the game to C:\Games\GSC2012, but I am getting this error when I attempt to start the game. Any suggestions?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
Application Name:GSC.exe
Application Version:1.7.0.0
Application Timestamp:4e860117
Fault Module Name:d3d9.dll
Fault Module Version:1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp:4e24a42c
Exception Code:c0000005
Exception Offset:0005f252
OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID:1033
Additional Information 1:0a9e
Additional Information 2:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3:0a9e
Additional Information 4:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

That's the one causing the crash (it happened to me too).

If you want to keep using the map, you can set the application detection level in RivaTuner Statistics Center to None for the GSC.exe profile.

As a downside, if you have set a 2D and a 3D clock profile in Afterburner, when you open Game Stock Car it will stay with the 2D profile clocks. There's a workaround for that, too.

hi all I have downloaded GSC 2012 but when i start the game it pops up config. thats fine. but then before i press anything it pops up thank you for trying game stock car which i guess is ending credits any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

Alright, got a fix for the crash at start, while keeping MSI Afterburner and the map plugin working. Here we go.

-This is a fix for the people getting a game crash right at the start, while they are running MSI Afterburner. If you're not using MSI-A, this fix is not for you, sorry.

Step 1) Open MSI Afterburner, go to settings, then the On-Screen Display tab, then click in the "More" option near the bottom, as shown in the picture.
msi1s.jpg

Alternatively, you can just open the MSI On-Screen Display window from the icon at the taskbar (bottom right, the one with the little "60" on it).

Step 2) Now, you have to add GSC.exe to the profile list. To do so, click on the big "+" as shown in the picture.
msi2j.jpg

Step 3) Now, make sure you have selected the GSC.exe profile (just click on the name in the list) and then click the wrench icon for more options, as shwon in the picture.
msi3.jpg

Step 4) Nearly done. Now check the box which says "Enable compatibility with modified Direct3D runtime libraries" as shown in the picture.
msi4.jpg

Also, in this menu you can see a very useful tool, the Framerate limit. With this, you can limit your max fps, this is useful if you have big fps jumps during races. In GSC though, it can be done with a .plr tweak, in the line "Max Framerate=".

Step 5) Now you can restore the d3d9.dll if you had changed its name or moved it, and enjoy having a working game with a track map.

I hope this can help you all, I found about this reading about Skyrim. Knowledge, you never know when it will hit you :whistling:

Thanks that helped a lot! One more thing that happened with me.
Got the game to start with the above tips, but as soon as I wanted to start single player it crashed. I then closed Fraps and all was working 100%
I found the older version of fraps killed the game, but when using version 346 or above, ive never had a problem.
Im not sure what its up to now, 4 maybe?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 485 39.0%