• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game crashes to desktop after intro vids - 'generic application error' PLEASE help!

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by Mo Selvarajah, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Mo Selvarajah

Mo Selvarajah

Ratings:
    +56
    im going nuts.

please please help.

dont know why, but after all the intro vids it just keeps crashing back to desktop, with an error, subject 'richard burns rally - directx9' - and it says

'generic application error, enable debug output for detailed information. rbr will now exit.'

i mean wtf?

my specs: windows 7 64bit, 6 gig ram, i7 930, ati hd5850, dx11, latest video drivers.

i mean why is it doing this? i cant believe i cant play the game! please please anyone help, i cant believe this is happening.

2. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic

Ratings:
    +1,901
    Installed somewhere other than Program Files? Set compatibility mode to XP SP3?

3. CodjaX

CodjaX

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this issue on WinXp - you have to permit it through the Data Excecution Prevention list. Search on google how to do that.

4. Eddie Mann

Eddie Mann

Ratings:
    +0

Intro Vid's?? you can't be playing RSRBR mod if your seeing that, therefore i presume you have a clean install of RBR? (no mods), have you installed 'official' RBR patches 1 & 2?

This error may also be related to resolution setting, change RBR configuration file (ini) X & Y resolution to match your monitor or preference.