1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Crashes D3D Device Error - Help?

Discussion in 'F1 2016 - The Game' started by Nox, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Hi all,

So twice now I have come to the last lap of the Bahrain GP in Career mode and had a CTD. The error message reads "The D3D Device has been removed." Does anyone know a fix? bear in mind, I am not PC savvy, so as simple as you explain it, the better.

2. What GFX card do you have mate?

This discussion may help https://steamcommunity.com/app/391040/discussions/0/355043117524241125/
  3. Nox

Staff Premium Member

I have NVidia GeForce GTX 680.

I'll take a look at the thread, thanks
  4. TurcoMaldade_

Premium Member

I have this problem too.

Probably is because you are using all your video memory. I use three screen and with my 780TI with 3gb I had too reduce the resolution since the last update because I was having the same problem.
  5. Nox

Staff Premium Member

I followed some of the advice in the thread Paul mentioned and so far so good, it didn't crash again. I don't know if it will stay that way, but worth trying. I went to my nVidia control panel and under the "Adjust image settings with Preview" tab, I moved the slider a few notches over to the performance side. If it crashes again, I'll try something else, but it seems to have done the trick for now.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I thought it might be the energy maximum performance setting, but glad you have a fix.