Gallery: Robert Kubica crashes out at first WRC outing

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Gallery: Robert Kubica crashes out at first WRC outing

During his first official WRC outing at the Wales Rally GB the Polish ex-Formula 1 driver spun out and nearly hit a marshal in his crash.

Despite his cautious approach, which had enabled him to end the first leg in seventh overall, the Pole was caught out by a change in grip: “I misjudged how slippery the road surface was on a corner. The front wheels locked up on braking and we slid wide; we ended up rolling into the ditch by the side of the road. The car wasn’t badly damaged – the...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
The photos are actually from his second crash during the event. He did virtually the same thing the previous day on a left hander. Tough conditions though.

@JosephSmith

In this race he was with new pilot...read about rallies how important is work between driver and pilot which he doesn't have in this rally. He won WRC2 this year in his first year :)
He will never stop I am guarantee you! He was born with the wheel and left country when he was 14 !!!
Living in Italy without parents in the friend and cart team owner house.

What did I do @Maciej Cieslak? Did I make him crash with this article?

The statement is coming directly from the team and the pictures from the photographer on site that witnessed the incident.

Not sure whats bad about this article.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 372 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing