1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

G6 Simulator on Indiegogo

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by RaceDepartment, Nov 21, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

RaceDepartment submitted a new blog post:

G6 Simulator on Indiegogo

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Helmut Skrdla

Helmut Skrdla
    Premium Member

Cool idea, but not sure if a "push/pull" on the head transfered trough the helmet can feel like actual G. Under actual G Load it's not the helmet cushion pushing against sides of your head or forehead.

3. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet
    Premium Member

This looks big, what they said about the full body motion gadgets having a delay is true.
    The test version with strings looked scary though, wouldnt want the machine to brake your neck in a crash lol.

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. Robert vd Heide

Robert vd Heide
    Piloting RC Helicopters and sim Racecars

@Risto Kappet
    had the same thought when seeing this

live leak reports : simracer killed in crash ;-)

5. This is ridiculous but also quite a good idea !

I can certainly see how it has the potential to communicate FFB and G's far better than a standard motion rig. It also happens to look quite similar to the devices real world driver use to train neck muscles at the gym.

Would be awesome to try this out but I think its very likely to remain a super niche product even within the field of sim-racing as its seems to me like it might be a bit to cumbersome and fiddly to be practical.

6. oculus rift ready....
    I think I have found a new dream.
    this with the oculus rift would be the most amazing thing ever

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. But, can it simulate forward/back g-forces?

8. This + oculus rift = headache :D
    Am kiding this thing actually sounds like a good idea

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hi everyone,
    We are grateful for your positive feedbacks. We would like to put your concerns at rest.

@Risto Kappet
    @Robert vd Heide
    The forces are limited by both the hardware and the software of the interface. The motors cannot generate that much force and they have limited working area, so they cannot move as far as to harm you.

@HelmutS
    If your helmet is too large you will feel that effect of helmet cushion pushing against sides of your head or forehead. But if you have a helmet that is the right size you will feel the force of the car.

@FrankyMS
    Yes, we have a simulator that simulates latitude (x-axes) and longitude (y-axes) forces felt in the car.

G6 vs. Real Pagani Zonda R

Andrej Jereb - G6 Test driver

Robert Markic - G6 Test driver

10. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

This is amazing. I want one! :o

• Like Like x 1
  11. Eric Jaeger

Eric Jaeger
    2012 GP2 Champion

Agree with bigboy. If this company teamed up with the people making the oculus rift it really would be the next big thing in sim racing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Too bad shipping is expensive to the USA :\

13. Another question @Alesprof; when you are using it, can you turn your head feeling the forces?

thx

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  14. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur
    AC Addict

This looks like it has a lot of potential.
    One more step in the right direction, but seems to me like a big step. Can't wait to try it, bring it on!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Pete Bone

Pete Bone
    Premium Member

This would be better than a motion rig as its your ears that are used for your balance and internal gyro, so if your head is feeling the same as you would in a real car you immersion is going to be increased.

What are the prices for something like this?