G29 or t300

Hi guys.

I just got a bonus from work in the form of Argos (UK retailer) vouchers. I'm thinking now might be the time to retire the g27 and upgrade.

I had a look on the argos website and the best wheel and pedal combos I could find were the g29 and t300 and I'm wondering which is the better option. I mainly drive GT cars and occasionally drop in to single seaters.

Would love to know your thoughts. Feel free to have a look on the Argos site to see if I have missed something.

Thanks,
Vern

G29 supposibly improved on the optical encoder with a hall sensor

I'd wager the difference in use is imperceptible. My first wheel was a G27, I had a short go on a G29 in a shop demonstration some time later. It's slightly better, but a disappointing upgrade compared to the performance of the G27. Theirs nothing wrong with the Logitech wheel if you don't already have a wheel. I just don't see the benefit of replacing a perfectly good G27 with a G29 for the sake of it.

Upvote 0
I currently own a G27 and I am happy with it. I was getting interested in try a T300 which looks to offer some good advantages, like stronger, smoother FF, and the option to use different steering wheels on it. On the other side, I have read about so many reliability issues with the wheel. Also, I have read about the gearing driven FF (Logitech) provides a more instant, less lag, FF compared to the belt driven FF. Those who have a T300 have experienced this compared to other wheels?
For some there is no point in migrating from a G27 to a G29. I currently have a great offer for a new G29. There are two interest reviews I check on both wheels and that is the reason I am not sure what to do.

Logitech G29
Thrustmaster T300RS GT

Upvote 0
I currently own a G27 and I am happy with it. I was getting interested in try a T300 which looks to offer some good advantages, like stronger, smoother FF, and the option to use different steering wheels on it. On the other side, I have read about so many reliability issues with the wheel. Also, I have read about the gearing driven FF (Logitech) provides a more instant, less lag, FF compared to the belt driven FF. Those who have a T300 have experienced this compared to other wheels?
For some there is no point in migrating from a G27 to a G29. I currently have a great offer for a new G29. There are two interest reviews I check on both wheels and that is the reason I am not sure what to do.

Logitech G29
Thrustmaster T300RS GT

T300 hands down, once you have tried belt you will not go back unless of course you can afford direct drive haha.

I've had a G27 and G29 and both had issues, G29 replaced the G27.

T300 and my TS-PC are both second hand and have never once caused me an issue.

Upvote 0

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 131 85.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 53 34.6%