• So long as all your wheels are pointing in roughly the same direction, you should be fine.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

G27 Unique Problem

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by bFaria, Apr 15, 2017.

1. bFaria

bFaria

Ratings:
    +2
    Guys, my steering wheel has a unique problem.

I had to screw (again) my optical encoder. Unfortunately, I accidentally snapped one of the cables while doing it. Buying a new one would take 2 months (delivery time)
    This cable connects the 2 PCB boards (wheel & rotors)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

That single cable (the red one) has made my paddleshifts (and the other 6 buttons on the wheel) only work when the LEDs are activated. (lights on)

So, is there any way to force those LEDs to always stay activated?
    I mostly play Assetto Corsa.
    If anyone knows how to do it, i'm extremely thankful.

2. Robert Bachmayer

Robert Bachmayer

Ratings:
    +28
    Solder it....

3. Paul Blythe

Paul Blythe

Ratings:
    +113
    I'd try getting the pin out of the block and putting the wire back ... bit fiddly, but shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.

4. bFaria

bFaria

Ratings:
    +2
    ATM i'm looking for a fix within software, simply because I know it's possible to force those LEDs to always stay on.
    The thing is, I don't have the knowledge to do that (find the correct .txt file and edit it properly.

So if anyone can do this for me, I don't mind sending a few bucks through PayPal.