G27 Settings

So, i know this has been addressed in other posts but i still have some doubts.
I know the game has by default a 270 degrees rotation. A lot of people said about changing the rotation to 540, since that's what the real cars use it, but then comes my question:

- I have to make this change in the profiler, right?
- Do i also have to change it in the controller.ini on the game folder? Or only in the profiler, leaving the controller.ini file with the default 270 degrees rotation?
- Assuming i'm using the 540 degrees rotation, what is better, 20 or 22 on steering lock?

Thanks a lot in advance guys, feel free to share your setups so more people with the same doubts can have a better idea about how to have a proper G27 configuration.

Niels from Reiza Studios had this to say about wheel settings:
A realistic wheel setup would be 540 degrees, with between 18 and 22 degrees [steerlock] in the car setup. Of course always make sure there are no driving aids still on! Also get rid of any speed sensitivity in the controls menu.
For me the 540/22 setting works great in GSC and yes you will need to update the controller.ini to 540 according if you like the visible steeringwheel to match the rotations or simply enable the steeringwheel visibility completely.

Erm, I use 180 degree of rotation and 15 Steering lock. So that 45 degrees either way is full lock. Am i scrubbing the tyres uneccasarily do you think. Ive always used this setting in race series too and am very competetive over the leagues I am in.

With 180 you are not able to catch a slide with a real wheel driven car imo. Especially with the relatively high steerlock you hardly have any range to make a smooth movement.

If you have a G25/27 just try 540/22 and once you get used to it you automatically improve your car control a lot.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%