DiRT 4 G27 Settings

Hello my rally friends,
this topic is all abaut the settings on g27 mainly.... if you find some fine settings pls share.... i was running on Dirt Rally the Lar555 settings, they was best for me so im looking for some like that :p if you have some good ideas how to improve driving feeling here is yout space to share .... THX

Haven't had the chance to test anything in here, but is there anything that would help with the feeling of rear traction? Right now, even with tyre slip completely maxed out at 150, I get no response whatsoever from the wheel regardless of how much grip the rear tyres get, which is especially painful in RX and is making my lines very inconsistent. Something similar would be good for the general bumpy feeling of gravel in rally stages, especially in cars like the Alpine or the 2001 Impreza, as right now it feels much too floaty, pretty much like I'm on ice.

The FFB is pure garbage. In Dirt Rally, drive a snow stage with ice.. you can feel the front end lose grip if you steer too much angle. Here nothing, just a numb static FFB. I'm so tired trying many settings but realized it's the game itself that is catering to console garbage. It's a shame when a game like DR gets popularized into the console market as D4 and they ignore the good things they got right in DR.

The FFB is pure garbage. In Dirt Rally, drive a snow stage with ice.. you can feel the front end lose grip if you steer too much angle. Here nothing, just a numb static FFB. I'm so tired trying many settings but realized it's the game itself that is catering to console garbage. It's a shame when a game like DR gets popularized into the console market as D4 and they ignore the good things they got right in DR.
Yeah, I'm trying a few changes in Hell right now and I'm noticing more and more just how painfully numb it feels. And that's in RX. In rallying it can be almost hopeless at times.

I hate to say that this happens a lot in road racing games too. Automobilista sometimes doesn't tell me front end grip until it's lost, while Assetto Corsa is pure magic- it feels the same as the karting and road racing I've done years ago.

I hate to say that this happens a lot in road racing games too. Automobilista sometimes doesn't tell me front end grip until it's lost, while Assetto Corsa is pure magic- it feels the same as the karting and road racing I've done years ago.
Hmm I have opposite feeling... In AMS I'm constantly progressively informed about what is happening, in AC it sometimes comes to late ... Guess all depends on wheel and what we are used to ... But If I compared ACs car with about 250hp on vallelunga and real life experience over there it is pretty similar (ffb/feeling wise) .. Biggest differences are breaking and low (under 60) speed feeling ...

Hmm I have opposite feeling... In AMS I'm constantly progressively informed about what is happening, in AC it sometimes comes to late ... Guess all depends on wheel and what we are used to ... But If I compared ACs car with about 250hp on vallelunga and real life experience over there it is pretty similar (ffb/feeling wise) .. Biggest differences are breaking and low (under 60) speed feeling ...
I'm with the other guy - AMS tells me absolutely nothing of value at any time, especially under braking where AC completely wipes the floor with it. In fact, in AMS it constantly feels like the FFB is clipping even though it isn't. The only thing it seems to have is more vibrations on the straights, which I really don't like. That said, I don't even have a license, let alone a car or any interest in owning one right now, so I have no idea how it's supposed to feel, just that it feels a lot better, more consistent and more loaded with the kind of information I need in AC, and even it is not perfect (mediocre feeling of traction, though better than AMS).

In fact, reading a bit about how the front end of real cars is supposed to feel at speed, I'm actually decently convinced that even something like F1 2016 would feel better than a real car to me.

Last edited:
the werid point for me is that some cars not even behaving like they should ^^ like some rwd cars they should be more oversteer in general in think it feels like that the car want to oversteer and then some hidden magic tells him not to do that :D :confused: well weird ^^

the werid point for me is that some cars not even behaving like they should ^^ like some rwd cars they should be more oversteer in general in think it feels like that the car want to oversteer and then some hidden magic tells him not to do that :D :confused: well weird ^^
Yeah but that's known - the rear grip bug is well documented by now. The FFB is a bigger concern though, since CM are well known for how inconsistent they can be in that regard.

I have been doing some tests without the profiler enabled. I have a G25. So far I think the game feels better. I have added some force into the input file to help get abit more life. Without the profiler the effects dont seem as wonky, and I seem to be able to go quicker, but it may all be in my head

I have been doing some tests without the profiler enabled. I have a G25. So far I think the game feels better. I have added some force into the input file to help get abit more life. Without the profiler the effects dont seem as wonky, and I seem to be able to go quicker, but it may all be in my head
What do you mean, no profile for the game, or you exit the actual profiler application???

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.1%