1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G27 Sequential shifter Mod with springs.

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Vern Utsinger, Dec 14, 2011.

1. . $3.86
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Very neat and a mod that looks like will work consistently.
  3. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

Genius :)
  4. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Oh my,i want
  5. Danny Asbury

Danny Asbury
    Premium Member

Very nice. I just use a couple rubber bands, but your mod looks much better XD
  6. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Im still coming back to watch this, i cant belive just how simple it is.
    I agree with what was said earlier too, GENIUS
  7. anyone got some part numbers as they make thousands of those springs? also what nut/bolt/screw size should I be using? does the spring come in black?

• Like Like x 1
  8. I got 12mm m4 dome head screws of ebay, hope it's the right one, but for 99p it's worth the risk. Will let you know how it turns out

edit - This was the wrong size do not buy these.
  9. I tried 4 different types of screws before I found ones which fitted lol. Just waiting on the springs now
  10. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Hey Majnu, I ordered a pack of those springs off Amazon, a couple that I picked out first off fit and work perfect.
    Thanks for the suggestion mate.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. got my springs today and the ones in the box set do work, They are not as compressed as the one in the video but I'll be damned paying £14 for 2 springs.

the screws I used were these

They need gentle pressure with a 2,5mm allen key to get in but they fit in as snug as a bug in a rug.

Total cost £5.62 but you'll have an assortment of springs left over. Unless someone can find the exact spring cheaper this is the most cost effective route to go down I found.
  12. Yeah how basic thanks for the video
    works a trreat :):)
  13. I've done the same, it works really well, just be sure to cover the leather gaiter with something, as the springs start to wear a hole in it. I've got a bit of cloth on mine at the moment, must get round to putting something a bit more professional looking on it :)
  14. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

I got my G27 today. Why was I expecting it to switch between H-shift and sequential at the turn of a knob?
  15. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

That was the G25, but so many of them were breaking, Logitech dropped the design.

Welcome to the G27 family
    • Like Like x 1
  16. welcome to the G27 gang :D it's a great wheel :D
  17. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Got to re-learn right foot braking after using left foot for so long.