G27 'RealFeel' FFB Profile

Ross Garland submitted a new resource:

G27 'RealFeel' FFB Profile - This is a FFB profile based on the 'RealFeel' settings by JC Spadon.

G27 'RealFeel' FFB Profile

This is a controller profile based on the 'RealFeel' settings by JC Spadon, tweaked to work and feel good with the G27. I like these settings, but bear in mind that FFB is always a very personal thing. Uploaded just in case it helps anyone get the most out of this excellent sim. :)

Installation

Simply drop the RCS file into "My Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet". Start R3E, head to the Controller Profiles...

Read more about this resource...

I believe he was having problems with G29 or G920.

Going to try these settings on my DFGT. Even though I'm quite satisfied with how the FFB feels, it still doesn't hurt to try something different.

It's a G920 I have and I did try the real feel profile before but no luck. I got time so I can try again in a few days.
Thanks for the advice :)
Ah ok. Well, apparently a G920 is basically a reskinned G27 anyway, so the settings might still be good for it. You'll need to change the controller ID name and number in the file though, like you did with JC Spadon's original profile. Note that I did make a few tweaks to the profile itself too, so it's not an exact copy of his profile.

It should actually be enough to just copy the FFB portion of the profile from this one to a copy of your regular profile, shouldn't it? That way you shouldn't have to bother with controller IDs and button bindings.

It should actually be enough to just copy the FFB portion of the profile from this one to a copy of your regular profile, shouldn't it? That way you shouldn't have to bother with controller IDs and button bindings.
That's another way yes, but personally I find it easier to just copy/paste the IDs and rebind my buttons. Much easier to miss something when you're copying paragraphs than two lines, and I don't actually set many controls anyway. (Just G27 buttons/hears and two keys on my keyboard.)

Ah ok. Well, apparently a G920 is basically a reskinned G27 anyway, so the settings might still be good for it. You'll need to change the controller ID name and number in the file though, like you did with JC Spadon's original profile. Note that I did make a few tweaks to the profile itself too, so it's not an exact copy of his profile.

Ross, thank you! With just a few tweaks to suit my personal taste it is like a total different wheel!
Silverstone, which felt like driving on the first ice in the autumn on summer tires, now had a great road feel. I could feel the tires tug for grip in the corners, when locking and unlocking tires, bumps..

My trusty Nissan thanks you, as do I! :)

I've tried this for a few minutes after tonight's race with my DFGT and yeah, feels quite nice. It feels pretty close to how I had my FFB set up anyway, though it's a bit heavier and there are some slight differences. But I think I'll give it a try in tomorrow's race.

Hi Guys,

due some reason i don't know yet the pedals don't work for me ingame, when i go to profile, setup i re-assigned the pedals, also i see in advanced the pedal bars are moving.

any idea what it could be, default profile works fine

Regards Fulgore

That's very odd. I can't remember if I made this profile before or after I got my Bodnar cable, which makes the pedals separate from the wheel. But if you're reassigning the axes anyway then it shouldn't matter. :O_o:

ok don't laugh haha :D found the issue after searching more than an hour,
im playing many years assetto but a friend asked me to play race room , so today i decided to try it, not bad but ffb not happy :), so downloaded the RGM , well the stupidst thing ever, i have to manually start the car now haha :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:
i also today detached the h-shifter , needed somed space around my desk...so the mapped button was not active for me ,

still thx for the fast reply :)

pps: first start up was complaining after some G25 pedals :)

Hi Ross,

it was not a bad setting you have, very similar to the one i had.. only it felt little to heavy for me has i didn't feel traction weight shift and wheel grip , certain when i go in chicanes i had to work very hard to change direction
due some reason it feels for my now very similar to assetto corsa, or maybe its because im used of that game so hard that ffb feels more different, good news for me is that that if i switch between games i can adjust very fast i think :), still thx for the effort and the fast laughing reply :p haha

just a small question : how is your profiler settings for this game?

just a small question : how is your profiler settings for this game?
They're simple:

Overall Effects: 100%
Spring Effects: 0%
Damper Effects: 0%
Centre Spring: OFF
Rotation: 900
Allow Game to Adjust Settings: YES

Also, I use this controller profile to get the general settings down, and then I adjust the FFB strength for each individual car in the Steering Settings menu. (I slightly reduce it for most cars.) That's possibly why some people feel my settings default as slightly too hard.

same settings seems has assetto , cool

thx for the tip, went ingame, load your profile, found that ffb setting , and lowered it down,

yup, directly improvement, thank you , your setting vs mine feels now same, only with your setup little bit more control due the fact the feedback give better slip effects, better control for me

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back