• So long as all your wheels are pointing in roughly the same direction, you should be fine.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

G27 Potentiometer Replacement

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Ross Garland, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,227
    I'm having issues with throttle control, and have found out that my throttle is faulty. Under normal calibration, it spikes constantly at all times regardless of pedal position. Using the Bodnar calibration thing I've set deadzones to prevent spiking at min/max pedal range, but it obviously still spikes at anything in between.

So, looks like I need a new potentiometer, possibly three since I may as well do them all at the same time. Does anyone know where I can get like-for-like potentiometers for G27 pedals?

Thanks!

2. Phil Davies

Phil Davies
    Premium

Ratings:
    +658
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,227
    Thanks for the reply Phil. :thumbsup: Someone sent me a handy cleaning guide the other day, which I tried out yesterday. It was actually quite simple as long as you're careful, and worked like a charm! No more spiking in my throttle, and it was immediately noticeable in-game.

G25/G27 Potentiometer Cleaning Guide

Thanks for that second link too, I'll definitely be bookmarking that one for future reference. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Phil Davies

Phil Davies
    Premium

Ratings:
    +658
    No worries buddy,I'm glad you've got them sorted,Mine could do with a clean too,So thanks for the link :thumbsup:.