G27 - incomplete rotation?

Hello guys,

I have a problem or maybe it simply should be like that. 1 month ago I bought new G27 wheel and I am happy with that, but today I noticed something strange IMO. During callibration everything seems to be ok, it is callibrating to the end (like in the first picture), the same is when wheel is not connected to PC, I can move the wheel for all 900 degrees.

Situation changes itself when I connect wheel to the PC, after callibration process. In settings I have 900 degrees but the wheel is rotating maybe 850 degree as on the the second picture. I do not know if any other users have the same? Should I use the warranty to repair that or it is normal?

With a little bigger power I ca turn it but it not influences on the changes in profiler or i DXtweak. All range is ending on thie position showed on picture no 2. I feel resistance as a rubber or something. Thank you for help.

DSC_0227.JPG

DSC_0228.JPG

Hello guys,

I have a problem or maybe it simply should be like that. 1 month ago I bought new G27 wheel and I am happy with that, but today I noticed something strange IMO. During callibration everything seems to be ok, it is callibrating to the end (like in the first picture), the same is when wheel is not connected to PC, I can move the wheel for all 900 degrees.

Situation changes itself when I connect wheel to the PC, after callibration process. In settings I have 900 degrees but the wheel is rotating maybe 850 degree as on the the second picture. I do not know if any other users have the same? Should I use the warranty to repair that or it is normal?

]
Hi Krzyztof, mine is the same and I do not think it is anything to worry about. I just watched my calibration and it spins right round to the same as your picture 1 (900deg).
But sometimes I find, the same as you that the actual rotation is the same as picture 2 - (maybe 860 to 880 deg).
Interestingly, if I unplug the usb and plug it back in, causing it to recalibrate, I then get the full rotation, but a short time later it is back to the 880. As I say, I do not believe it is anything to be concerned about and is probably common across G27s. (maybe it is something that will free up more as it gets older). What is important to me is that it calibrates centrally and works smoothly, the last 20deg either way really do not matter :)

Upvote 0
Keith, thank you for your reply :) It is not a big problem of course and I can race and I like the feeling of this wheel. In other hand if I pay so big money for that I expect something without downsides. I saw on the other forums that it is a common problem with the G27.

Upvote 0
Hi guys, please help me!

Logitech decided to give me the new G27 wheel, because I did not like a fact that I have less than 900 degrees. But the new one has the same problem, So big ask to you.

Can you be so nice and helpful and open your profiler and turn your wheel maximum to 900 degrees, do you have the same position as mine on the picture below? Thank you for your help, it is a few seconds for you and can clear my mind fast.

View attachment 35613

Upvote 0
you can also use wignman and see how far it reads in rotation to see the max figures it produces
DXTweak 2:

this can also be done before you install the logitech profiler to look at your wheel

click me
this will tell you whether its the logitech software that is causing the problem or the way the wheel is set

hope this helps:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline