G27 gear change issues

Hi Jim,

Simply, race begins starting in first gear, try changing to second (using clutch) and maybe 50% of time goes into neutral instead. Happens shifting into other gears but mostly first to second when race begins. Have lost many places because of it.

thanks

Upvote 0
Is it possible that you are not keeping the clutch in long enough for the shift, or that you are not depressing the clutch far enough to engage it? Just a thought.

Upvote 0
Ive had similar issues in games before with my G25, my problem was i had the 1st and 2nd gear set for sequential as well as H shift (im aware G27 doesnt have sequential) but check to see if the buttons (gears) are mapped anywhere else in the control menu!

Upvote 0
Is it possible that you are not keeping the clutch in long enough for the shift, or that you are not depressing the clutch far enough to engage it? Just a thought.

Don't think so as have less issues moving through other gears, mainly first to second. I try to change from first to second very smoothly and slowly to fix it but no guarantee. Bit frustrating to say the least. Wonder if I have a hardware problem.

Thanks Wol-Gran, will check but sounds unlikely.

cheers

Upvote 0
I have the same problem in GT5, very frustrating. I don't think it is hardware related, 1st and 2nd work in all other sims for me on my G27. I don't think there's a right lot that can be done I'm afraid

Upvote 0
I have the same problem in GT5, very frustrating. I don't think it is hardware related, 1st and 2nd work in all other sims for me on my G27. I don't think there's a right lot that can be done I'm afraid

That's the answer i wanted... mind at rest about my wheel. Shame game does not seem to be fully compatible with premium wheel for PS3... another bug of a disappointing game.

Upvote 0
Glad I could help :) Shame it isn't a solution. It is pretty disappointing that Polyphony spend 5 years developing a game to come out with such a mediocre effort. Who makes a game that isn't compatible with all the mainstream wheels?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years