1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

G27 gear change issues

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Brin Gotts, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Hi All,

I seem to have problems changing gears using the clutch and shifter - on GT5. Especially first to second.

Anyone else have issues like this?

cheers

2. affraid Ive not got GT5 atm, doubtless you will get an answer soon tho :)

3. Can you describe the problem you are having shifting? It might help others determine if they can help you or not.

4. Hi Jim,

Simply, race begins starting in first gear, try changing to second (using clutch) and maybe 50% of time goes into neutral instead. Happens shifting into other gears but mostly first to second when race begins. Have lost many places because of it.

thanks

5. Is it possible that you are not keeping the clutch in long enough for the shift, or that you are not depressing the clutch far enough to engage it? Just a thought.

6. Ive had similar issues in games before with my G25, my problem was i had the 1st and 2nd gear set for sequential as well as H shift (im aware G27 doesnt have sequential) but check to see if the buttons (gears) are mapped anywhere else in the control menu!

7. Don't think so as have less issues moving through other gears, mainly first to second. I try to change from first to second very smoothly and slowly to fix it but no guarantee. Bit frustrating to say the least. Wonder if I have a hardware problem.

Thanks Wol-Gran, will check but sounds unlikely.

cheers

8. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

I have the same problem in GT5, very frustrating. I don't think it is hardware related, 1st and 2nd work in all other sims for me on my G27. I don't think there's a right lot that can be done I'm afraid

9. That's the answer i wanted... mind at rest about my wheel. Shame game does not seem to be fully compatible with premium wheel for PS3... another bug of a disappointing game.

10. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Glad I could help :) Shame it isn't a solution. It is pretty disappointing that Polyphony spend 5 years developing a game to come out with such a mediocre effort. Who makes a game that isn't compatible with all the mainstream wheels?