G27 and Assetto Corsa

Paul Glover

I talk lots
There have been a few times where going into the game FFB has been too strong so use FFBCLIP to reset, for some reason that is happening regulary now. Quickly sorted though.

Now though when the steering does light/too sensitive, what I mean by that is when you turn the wheel slighly in game in moves alot more and makes the car undriveable in my opinion. Well it is.

Automobolista has an option to reset the wheel in game, I tried turning off and the wheel on again but that just made things worse. Would removing from the USB and resetting that way have worked? Are there any solutions?

Had a really good qualifying session last night and because of the steering issue could not race, I was gutted.

There is a really rocket science thread here from @RasmusP (he's using a G27 aswell) - worth checking if it's mentioned somewhere - I personally cant help with your problem, I took the settings from RasmusP and I'm very happy about them since (some 110 hours in AC, never had any problems)
good luck solving your mystery problem

If you want we can meet in TS. My guide only helps with the ffb but if your real wheel and the virtual one aren't synchronous then there is another problem!

For ac:
Logitech profiler to 900°
Ingame range to 820-900° (visual thing, has to do with the viewing angles and your position to the Monitor and the G27)

And then it should be all fine!

In the G27 H-shifter you can press the middle red Buttons + one of the 4 black buttons above the cross. It sets the wheel range to:
Top: 240 degrees
Right: 670 degrees
Left: 450 degrees
Bottom: 900 Default

It resets when you unplug it though.

Hope that helped and if not or you want to go through ffb settings just pm me :)

If you want we can meet in TS. My guide only helps with the ffb but if your real wheel and the virtual one aren't synchronous then there is another problem!

For ac:
Logitech profiler to 900°
Ingame range to 820-900° (visual thing, has to do with the viewing angles and your position to the Monitor and the G27)

And then it should be all fine!

In the G27 H-shifter you can press the middle red Buttons + one of the 4 black buttons above the cross. It sets the wheel range to:
Top: 240 degrees
Right: 670 degrees
Left: 450 degrees
Bottom: 900 Default

It resets when you unplug it though.

Hope that helped and if not or you want to go through ffb settings just pm me :)

Thanks had a feeling that was the case. It was fine during practice and qualifying last night, sometimes when the game loads it has what I think is a bug? The movement of the wheel becomes sensitive.

I often forget to launch the logitech profiler, would that stop the issue from arising?

For some personal reasons, I always take the USB wheel cable off the PC and same for the power supply.
So each time I'm planning to drive .... I plug everything again ... let the wheel calibrate, open the Logitech profiler .... but for AC I already had problems in game sometimes with the wheel ....
That's why I also always turn wheel at max left and right with the wheel properties Logitech Profiler opened.

Since then ... never any problem.
( strange but typically in AC and since I have a CSP V2 pedalset. )

I don't know, sorry. It never happened to me but it's a possibility. My Profiler always launches with Windows (it's only a few MB, nothing important).
I don't know what the default settings are that windows is setting up but maybe AC has problems with it from time to time. :(

To the FFB problem from top:
If you use FFBClip on "auto" then it sets the FFB to 200% in the pits because when you only stand still, you won't get clipping...
Honestly I don't use this app anymore but instead have the FFB-App always open (very small) so I can adjust the FFB strength while on track.
The G27 can't handle different strength of the cars like they are in real life so I have to "set them all the same".
And even the Track you are on matters! With the Audi I mainly use 85-100% (100 at Monza) and with the MX-5 a bit less.

For the G27 it's important that you have a very smooth transition when steering left->right, crossing the center like in a chicane. With too low FFB strength you will get a drop in resistance when you cross the center position and will feel a "bump" when moving further to the other side.
With a too high FFB strength you will also feel a bump because the FFB wants to hold you at the center with too much force.
I always set the FFB strength manually to the point where I don't feel any "bump" while going through chicanes. "Michael Schumacher S" at Nürburgring or the very fast chicane in the last sector of Mugello are very good to adjust it! :)

This FFB app (and also FFBClip) will save each car+track combo separately so every time you get a new combo you have to readjust.

Using the Logitech Profiler, select your red button and assign either + or -
Just click on the button in the profiler and you get the option menu to set a key stroke - hope it works :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 231 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.2%