1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G25's brake mod

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Valerio Vinassa, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Hi guys,
    I wanted build this thing for fun and for see if is possible find more sensibility on brake pedal.Concept is more softness/consistence along the stroke and hard when the pedal is at the bottom of the stroke, for do it I thought close the air in brake parts, I detected dimension of original parts do a CAD drawing rebuild the 2 parts in alloy with mill machine and lathe and in one cylinder I put 2 Oring for hold the air, I use the original spring with original stroke,in one cylinder put a bit of oil for take off a bit of air volume, in the upper cylinder put a valve (homemade) for replacement of the air(maybe that after many pressure on pedal inside cylinders make vacuum but this stuff is currently in study).Well,Im quite happy,now when I push on pedal for about 80% is more solid and after is more hard press,sure is not a brake pump of car but is nice use it.

Attached Files:

• bra1.jpg
      bra1.jpg
      File size:
      79.8 KB
      Views:
    • bra2.jpg
      bra2.jpg
      File size:
      54.5 KB
      Views:
    • br1.jpg
      br1.jpg
      File size:
      142 KB
      Views:
    • br2.jpg
      br2.jpg
      File size:
      140.5 KB
      Views:
    • br4.jpg
      br4.jpg
      File size:
      140.7 KB
      Views:
    • br5.jpg
      br5.jpg
      File size:
      144.3 KB
      Views:
    • br6.jpg
      br6.jpg
      File size:
      126 KB
      Views:
  2. VALE!

VERY, VERY, VERY NICE WORK MATE! Thats a really elegant solution and I bet it works well! Would love to try that :)

3. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Yep, this puts my brake mod to shade. Well done Valerio. Amazing work and looks great.

4. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

So your brake pedal now acts like a damper?

Hmmmmm...... Brian, get your tools ready, i`ve found something you can make for me! lol

5. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Thanks guys,

dont worry :)Abdul your solution was start idea for me and any solution done with easy parts for me is always the better solution.

yes Kris like damper.:) more oil more hard,full of oil dont move the pedal:wink:

Brian Im open book for you:tongue:

6. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

What were your build costs Vale?

7. Dude-start selling that cause it looks awesome!

8. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

I was thinking the same Tom. Valerio patent that asap

9. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

you are too good guys:redface::) again THANKS

about the costs:+/-100Euro and currently I have done only 2 series, this that you see is the first try necessary for experience (Oring life,loss oil,sliding cylinder) with the second piece I can correct/modify something if necessary.

10. keep refining this vale, has huge potential as a sale-able item :) GREAT WORK mate :)