1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

G25 vs. G27 in GSC

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Patrick Giranthon, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Hi.
    I have just recevied my new G27.
    After some tests, I have two conclusions that disapoint me.

1- on the straight lines, the G25 has vibrations. The G27 has not (unless you start to turn the wheel)...
    2- the FFB is really stronger on the G25.

These two points make the game really more realistic on the G25. I have to precise that the conditions were exactly the same : FFB to full, strenght to -100. Drivers : Logitech v5.10.
    If I put the strenght at 101% or more in the g27 settings, the car is undrivable.
    Any solution? Any modification in the controler.ini???

Many Thanks for your help.

2. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

In fact, after many tests, the G25 has a better feeling with a stronger FFB. I really feel the road, even if the G27 is a great wheel.
    On the forums, many people take about the "smoothy' aspect of the G27.
    Now I know what it means.
    It is only because I can compare the two models that I can notice the difference. The G27 is a good wheel.
    For this game, the G25 is just better...

3. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

A friend of mine has made the same test, but with Race07 and his own wheels.
    Same conclusion : FFB is lower and there are less feeling details with the G27...

4. what game?

5. Did u uninstall and reinstall drivers when switching wheels? I would

6. TBH I thought the exact same thing when I raced around a friends with his G27, it seemed so loose compared to my G25. I just thought it must have been the settings. Perhaps not ! ;)

7. Maybe this feeling has something to do with the new helical gears used by the G27 ?

8. I have the same speed with a shitty wheel vs g27 especially in gsc

9. Have you tried CRTL7 and CRTL9?

10. Looking at the controller files, I see G25 and G27 files look exactly the same.
    Why not try editing some of the settings in there?

11. Simply put, the G25 have a stronger motor/FFB than G27. If you can grab a 25 still working at ebay or similar, get it. Extra buttons aren't worth the FFB strength loss on the 27. Logitech made a step back in this particular case, IMO.

12. Strange, my whole house shakes when driving rf2 with the g27, try that sim for a test please? Would be interesting to hear the response.

• Like Like x 1