G25 shifting help!

I am having problems with my g25 on DTM Experience.

Sometimes when I am shifting from 3rd gear to 4th, it will skip 4th and go straight to 5th. Like a double shift. Other times the gearbox goes bananas and makes gear changes without any input on my part and other times it goes from 3rd to 6th to 5th while i simply try to shift from 3rd to 4th.

I think part of the problem is mechanical damage messing up my gearbox, since when i race without damage there are less instances of gear shifts messing up, but I am still getting problems mostly when going to a higher gear with the revs near the limit.

Hope somebody can help me out. I think it may be an issue with my wheel doing multiple shifts at once, but I also noticed more than once when the gear changed without me pressing the paddles.

thanks for any help I can get.

couple of ideas

start with justins , thats a good one

after that
are you running auto clutch ?
DTM gearbox will damage itself if you smash it through the gears and will start skipping gears (so rev match and blip)

i run damage on with manual box + autoclutch (as dtm seems to have an auto type clutch on there cars ) but i still have to take care to not kill the box

next one is more difficult if its not your driving style and as you state its mainly on up changes with damage off) is your shifter double shifting ; are you using the paddle or the sequential ?

you can always check if a shifter is making double shifts , by using diview
(http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836/DIView.zip)

this will show you if it is double shifting

hope this helps

Andi

Thanks!

Yes, I am using manual transmission, tried with both auto clutch on and off. Using Paddles only.

You may be onto something with the car skipping gears on its own.. I am not doing any rev matching or bliping and the weird shifts occur when I am near the rev limit and smash the gear change from third or fourth... or fourth to 5, so maybe i just need to be more carefull when upshifting?

Will try diview to rule out any hardware damage.

ADRIAN
esto te pasa porque los microinterruptores del cambio de levas estan rotos
a mi me ha pasado varias veces con el T500RS,las he canbiado 2 veces
en tiendas de electronica los puedes encontrar por 4 o 5 euros
son piezas muy simples,en este video que hize se ve

This happens because you change the cam switches are broken
my happened to me several times with the T500RS, I've changed 2 times
electronic stores you can find them by 4 or 5 euros
are very simple pieces in this video that I did see were

I am having problems with my g25 on DTM Experience.

Sometimes when I am shifting from 3rd gear to 4th, it will skip 4th and go straight to 5th. Like a double shift. Other times the gearbox goes bananas and makes gear changes without any input on my part and other times it goes from 3rd to 6th to 5th while i simply try to shift from 3rd to 4th.

I think part of the problem is mechanical damage messing up my gearbox, since when i race without damage there are less instances of gear shifts messing up, but I am still getting problems mostly when going to a higher gear with the revs near the limit.

Hope somebody can help me out. I think it may be an issue with my wheel doing multiple shifts at once, but I also noticed more than once when the gear changed without me pressing the paddles.

thanks for any help I can get.
I was having the same issue on all my games, of course my G25 is many years old and has in the thousands of hours on it. I sprayed some Clorox Clean up with bleach, or any good cleaner into the shifter that was double shifting, ( upshifts for me) I have not had a single double shift since. I think it was dirt or scum in the shifter area and it would not release fast enough. I good cleaning is all it needed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back