G25 settings?

I understand what you mean, Tomas, I did a little test with the F1800 and with this car the center spring might be deceiving us about the grip of the car, but the biggest problem for me is the very carefully way you must drive and at the slightest mistake you made, you are done, just isn't my style. But I will keep doing some attempts with no center spring to see if help me or not. Thanks!

I just spent the past few days testing the recommended FFB settings, and its seems much better than it was in 1.2, so Ive left them at:

Rotation; 900*
Effects Strength; 101%
all other settings at 0%

Only driven with F2000, fTarget and KS2 at this point.

I had been using FFB settings below for two and a half years,

FFB Strength = 50 %
Spring effect = 0 %
Damping effect = 0%
No center spring
Steering rotation = 400, 900'

And yesterday I changed only 50% of the FFB strength to 100% for testing, and..
it seemed very nice strength, just Fantastic for me.

I've been using 3.0 as a abarth ff gain and 1.5 with other formulas, when I kept them, I noticed I don't know why I was using the 50% for two and a half years. The ff gain I used was a bit strong though.

By the way, what value do you usually use for a ff gain?

Techniqually you set it right. A little bit higher gain is no problem though... I use a very low Gain for the KS2 too, 0,7.

Usually I use around 0,8-1,2. It depends on the car, and also which Caster setting you use.

I just tested the 900 degree set up (logi and netkar setup) and it seems a bit odd after running 400 for the last few years. I know that netkar assigns the correct value to each car, but the wheel only turns 90 degrees for full travel in the KS2 and has about another 45 degrees of travel left that does nothing. Also, the incar wheel has no relation to the G25's travel, as it turns way too much and is out of sync, which is very annoying. I found too, that I needed to up the ingame steering degrees from about 12 to 18 to slow the inputs down to a drivable level.

For me this is not true. I'm not sure though what's supposed to be "correct" since I've had lots of wierdness from logitech profiler in various games.

If I set the degrees of rotation to 900 degrees in the profiler and take a spin in the KS2, I have to turn the wheel 900 degrees to get full 400 degrees of rotation of the wheel in game.
Same thing if I set it to for example 400 degrees in the profiler, I only turn my own wheel 400 degrees to get full 900 degrees of turning in the abarth and the shelby.

OK, this is where I'm at now: Set the logi profiler to 900, and ticked the "allow specific game settings" box. Recalibrated in the Netkar controller setup menu and it's better but still not quite there. On the initial test it showed up as 916 degrees of rotation -close enough - and then establishes the ingame rotation as 180 degrees. What this means is my G25, in the menu screen, will turn through 180 degrees of travel. Ingame, sitting in the car, it will automatically adjust for that car's range of travel, so the KS2 has about 150 or there abouts of travel side to side, but only 95 of which (each side) is used. You can adjust the car's steering degrees up and down to gain more travel from the vehicle's wheels but at the expensive of much sharper inputs and response. This all works out ok for me as I dont want a lot of wheel range on the G25, but still the ingame wheel is out by some way, though I don't use them generally except in the tintops.
Tomas I think you need to disregard the Logitech profiler as it really has no bearing on netkar once it has established the 900 degrees. Maybe just start netkar alone and configure the wheel in there and see if this changes the wheel.

What I noticed Daniel is that if I dont set manually, ingame settings at the same degrees of rotation as in the profiler, I get wierd results. In the vintage my rear locked up, and I got incorrect calibration with more steering on either side.

Also.. when during the controller setup, you are asked to turn it 90 degrees.. unless you have a laser scanner ;P you cant really be sure of where that is exactly, so how many degrees you set up for depends on how much you turn it in this moment of config.. thats why I set it manually which seemed to give me more correct input.

Also I need the logitech profiler to map buttons for clearing viser, handbrake, look left and right and so on. All can not be mapped inside the game I think.

yes, there are numerous issues re the profiler. I tried setting the L key to clear visor in the Logi profiler but it doesn't show up in game. Look left/right, engine start, brake bias can be setup in the netcar controller setup, but you are correct about the laser scanner 90 degree left setup, I was getting 864 on my first guess at a true 90 degrees left and 1000+ on other attempts, so when I got 920 or so i thought that'll do. I tried to set the profiler in netkar to 900 manually. but it doesn't take - it stays at the 180 D setting of the original config. Still, if you are only getting - like I am - qbout 90 -100 degrees of wheel travel each side in game, then you are usually only using 45 - 55 degrees in the actual driving of , say the KS2. This is fine once you adjust to it as you can fiddle with the steering ratio in the setup menu to get more or less turning power versus nervous input. I took a few seconds of my time in Aviano in the KS2 on these new settings -way more initial turn in on the same setup I have run for the last few weeks, more oversteery, which I like - but very nervous feeling. Just an adjustment needed between eyes, brain, and hands really.:wink:

I think netKar only uses that to measure a percentage and determine how many degrees you have available in your wheel..

I used 180 degrees from the start in netKar, because thats what I'm used to from other more "arcady" games. I have relearned to use a larger rotation span though since I was told by several people here that it was "better" with at least 400 degrees. And recently I increased it too 540 degrees for all cars except abarth and vintage where I use 900 and I notice a big improvement actually.

I know what you mean by decreasing the turning of the wheels in car setup, and in many games it's a useful trick to gain not only more direct steering but also corner and straight line speed due to straighter wheels and less stress on the tyres. But in this sim, at least to me, I seem to be faster by relying on control with a larger rotation span.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%