1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

G25 Seq Shift sometimes registers double upshift on upshift - How can I fix this?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Tariq Gamil, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Hi all. I've had my G25 for a few years now and the shifter is starting to play up :(. Basically, when I'd be driving with the shifter in sequential mode, I'd have a situation where sometimes I'd get a double upshift (e.g.: 4th, 6th) so there is something wrong in the shifter. I opened it up after seeing a few videos and read a little but after taking it all apart and removing the shaft from the casing, I couldn't determine where the micro switches are. I could see a white plastic base at the bottom of the metal shaft so are the micro switches in that? How do I remove them so that I can put in new switches? Also, what micro switch part would you recommend for replacement? Thanks.

2. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

In most sims you can adjust the minimum time between shift inputs that would be considered a real shift (so for instance if you get 2 shifts within 0.1s it would interpret it as just 1 shift...). Which sim are you using?

3. Thanks Knut for the suggestion. I'm using the shifter in RaceRoom Racing Experience 3 Open Beta.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

I dont have RRRRE, but in rFactor the option can be found in the *.PLR file:
    Maybe something similar is available in RRRE

5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I developed the same problem with my G25 after six years. Replaced it with a G27 and problem was gone.

Probably end of life after intense using :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium Member

The microswitches are placed on a PCB.
    Probably one got tired/broken.
    They last 100.000 times or so.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

Funnily enough it was something I fought for in the code in Simbin titles years ago to no avail, to this date the few moments of code it would take to fix it is still not present afaik.....

• Like Like x 1