G25 replacement.

G25 died. Very well liked and abused.
Fanatec GT3RS in the closet, likely won’t last long since the main shaft is cracked 1/3 down from my QR towards the base itself.
Used the “better ffb” mod for the g25 and absolutely love it and have little interest in changing that.
1: short term; gt3 is not working with better ffb after tons of reviewing whether everything is installed properly and attempts to fix. Help?
2: looking towards future; do I consider club sport 2.5 base and find a QR adaptor for my stand alone wheel or better bang for buck go DD?
Been off the grid for a while happily using what I have and no clue what has progressed since.
I use modified clubsport pedals which will likely be changed to either home made or heusinkveld/similar pedals eventually.
Stand alone steering wheel, also Frex shifter and a bunch of different button controllers.

Not familiar with "better ffb" mod... game specific or hardware enhancement?

Nice stand-alone wheel that you don't want to part with along with some high-end gear... hmm, provided you don't mind a little fiddling, it sounds like you're a candidate for an OSW direct drive wheel. If you went with a CSW 2.5 base (or the still not released direct drive base), then you'd want their universal adapter.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply!
"Better FFB" is installed with rFactor to improve feel (and control-ability) for Logitech wheels, which is supposed to work with Fanatec if I figure it out... http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242549
Link incase anyone is curious.

Can someone add a link to finding the universal adapter because I can't find one (unless I'm just dumb *likely*)

I think a better question in the first place is; Will I be let down with the CSW2.5 if I'm more keen towards better equipment?
Sim racing doesn't seem very popular in my area, especially since the only local (250km away) source for equipment expect legitimately idiotic prices for products.

Upvote 0
I just moved up from a G25 about 5 weeks ago, and I can't be more happy. I went for the V2.5, V3 Pedals, and Porsche wheeel. This weekend I ordered the Formula wheel.
My original budget was $400. It's worth every penny, because all the cars are alive in every sim.
The pedals are by far the best thing for my lower track time.

I look at it like this. If I still had my $7k motorcycle, I'd be paying for gas. insurance, and maintenance. So $2k on sim racing is ok.

Upvote 0
I think a better question in the first place is; Will I be let down with the CSWv2.5 if I'm more keen towards better equipment?

I don't think the CSW2.5 will let you down, though there are rumours of difficulty getting car-specific rotation to work. However, if you think you'd prefer a direct drive wheel, then by all means do not short yourself today!

Looks like Fanatec did away with the unbranded universal hub and have only the xbox version.
https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/steer...ring-wheel-universal-hub-for-xbox-one-us.html

When I bought my CSWv2, OSW was still in its infancy and not attractive to someone who didn't want to fiddle. OSW is a better scene today, but I still won't go there, preferring the more integrated environment of Fanatec, so am looking forward to the release of Fanatec's DD base.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back