• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

G25 and Deadzone

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Bevan Johnson, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Bevan Johnson

Bevan Johnson

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a search to see if this has been reported with no luck, so here goes...

I had been having issues driving any of the FWD WTCC cars. Upon exiting a corning and feeding the power they would lurch towards the outer edge of the corner. I spent a fair while tweaking setup to try and cure this until while sitting in the garage before pulling out, I very gently pushed the accelerator to find that I had in the region of a 60% deadzone on the throttle.

Clearly this was the factor behind the erratic lurching. I then had fun and games trying to find the deadzone settings. Apparently they are only accessible when not in any kind of practice/race. So once I found them, imagine my disappointment to find they were set to 0% already.

I tried to fiddle with the .rsc files but with no luck. I finally just decided to closedown the Logitech Profiler and that fixed the problem!! I now have a wonderfully progressive throttle and knocked 2 secs off my laptime at Brno.

You may need to fiddle with the FFB settings in the Windows -> Control Panel -> Game Controllers as mine stopped working without the Profiler running

I hope this may help someone else :)