G 27 Problems with Automobilista

Since a Windows 10 update my G 27 wheel won't properly calibrate in Both my beta and regular Automobilista. And I can't install the software for my G 27, it just won't start. So both my games , I cant drive. The games start and take me to the pits but it won;t shift out of 1st gear because even though I have set my shift up and down in the controls it doesn't respond.
Side note, in a 20 year old game GPL everything is fine. Hooray for the good old days.

Are you saying you can't install the Logitech Profiler software? Getting that working would be step one for sure before worrying about doing anything in AMS.

If you do have the profiler installed, does it show up as a Driving Force GT rather than G27 when you open the profiler? Another telltale sign that its being recognized wrong is when you plug it in. During calibration the wheel should turn all the way to the right then all the way left then return to center if its being recognized properly. If its not, it kind of quits mid rotation going left.That's the very common Win10+G27 issue.

You can check out my long convoluted, but tried and true, collection of fix(es) to that issue here; https://pastebin.com/rmxSGGvg

I kinda fear sending you on a wild goose chase with all that as your issue seems a little more unique but there's bound to be something useful to your issues in all that. Good luck!

And for the sake of the "is it plugged in" approach to troubleshooting; Was your H-shifter in the first gear position when you couldn't shift out of first? :p

Last edited:
schlitty, Thanks for the reply, I will read through your struggle and see if I can relate... Just after my wheel (G 27) stopped working in AMS, and I was sure it was not the game at fault. At first I noticed that my G 27 was showing up as the Driving Force GT as well. I did some web searching, I used the wheel cleaner as well, then I tried to run the Logitech lgs_510-x64.exe and it just won't start, it just sits there looking at me. It seems Windows 10 has installed a generic diver for my G 27,but the generic software has no options to set the wheel rotation so it has made all my modern racing games un playable. At least to this point. I did run my system restore to get me back to before the big Win 10 update but that didn't fix my wheel issues. I'm not gining up just yet, but I'm enjoying GPL for now.
My current problem is that I am unable to install the driver for my wheel.
My next step is to call Logitech and see if they will replace my G27 with a newer wheel, this has happened with a few people.

Last edited:
Its really odd the driver installer won't kick in for you. Maybe try right clicking it and "run as administrator"? I really don't know, never have come across that problem myself. Make sure your wheel isn't plugged in while trying to install as well, it prompts you when to plug it in during the install. That pastebin link of mine also does have a few tips about removing device manager entries for the wheel that wheelcleaner might miss. Helps make sure you'd be starting from a cleaner slate. These fun computers we enjoy sure can be a headache sometimes...

As for the G29. The G29 uses a newer version of Logitech drivers. Reiza hasn't been able to get the G29 drivers into the game working alongside the previous Logitech drivers simultaneously. So they have a separate dedicated branch/build of the game for G29 users. Its a couple little steps to switch your AMS install to the G29 branch, but simple enough too, if that's the route you go. By most accounts it tends to work just fine. Though I do not speak from experience at all in that regard, I just got the G27.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back