FVR V8 2009 V8 Supercars v1.5

Not many comments here?

Some criticism if you want:
Bumpers and the like don't seem to break off.
Smoke from engine comes out of the middle of the car instead of the engine (when the engine is wrecked, probably the same for overheating)
The swingman camera view is weird. Would be nice if it was like the Simbin cars (don't laugh at me!)

The textures are a definite improvement over 1.04. Much better now.

One of the best mods around! The car handling is awesome.
Really looking forward to the DTMs now.

all CAMs will get a look at...
bumbers etc are not modelled as independant GMT's so can't fall off :) Maybe in the next 3D Model update...
Smoke is a funny thing, I don't see a reference anyway to how to set it's location...

• Bert Van Waes

Very nice mod!!! Top notch work.

Something I noticed:

Could it be that the shadows in the cockpit act strange? The LCD changes with it and goes like on and off, like it is glowing sometimes... Very strange. It becomes more noticable when i turn the headlights on.

Very nice mod!!! Top notch work.

Something I noticed:

Could it be that the shadows in the cockpit act strange? The LCD changes with it and goes like on and off, like it is glowing sometimes... Very strange. It becomes more noticable when i turn the headlights on.

what shadow settings are you running?

Not many comments here?

Some criticism if you want:
Bumpers and the like don't seem to break off.
Smoke from engine comes out of the middle of the car instead of the engine (when the engine is wrecked, probably the same for overheating)
The swingman camera view is weird. Would be nice if it was like the Simbin cars (don't laugh at me!)

Not use about the cams but the bumpers don't fall off - well in the real thing usuallyu if the bumper falls off the car usually stops but its a fine line between bumper falling off and car wrecked, maybe the rear bumper.

The smoke issue is a player setting as far as I know. We'll look at it but its a setting in the yourname.plr file

The smoke issue is a player setting as far as I know. We'll look at it but its a setting in the yourname.plr file
I don't know about it being in the plr file, but for all the Simbin cars it comes from where ever the engine is located. In this mod it just comes from the centre of the car.
Not a big deal as it's usually race over when you see it, unless the engine is just overheating.

As for the bumper, well I don't usually watch races. But I've seen it fall off in a WTCC race and the car kept going. If I remember correctly that is. Just noticed it because that's how the Simbin cars are, they lose the bumpers pretty easily.

• Bert Van Waes

what shadow settings are you running?

Running on medium shadow and shadow quality is set to high.

This is my new id btw, much better to use my real name. I'm trying to get into a league you know.:wink2:

I will test if it could be that that's the problem

• Bert Van Waes

Ok problem solved now that i changed it to high and max respectively.

Now about those final difs... I placed them in the my documents folder but how do i choose now in game either a longer default or a shorter one?
Or do i need to do this per track in the folders or something like that?
The reason i ask you this is because i see only one default setup in game per track (wich is probably how it should be :laugh2:) but i do not know if it is a shorter one or a longer...

Leaves me a bit puzzled here. lol

Tx in advance and what a great mod:skywalker:

Ok problem solved now that i changed it to high and max respectively.

Now about those final difs... I placed them in the my documents folder but how do i choose now in game either a longer default or a shorter one?
Or do i need to do this per track in the folders or something like that?
The reason i ask you this is because i see only one default setup in game per track (wich is probably how it should be :laugh2:) but i do not know if it is a shorter one or a longer...

Leaves me a bit puzzled here. lol

Tx in advance and what a great mod:skywalker:

Hi, best thing to do with the Def Setups is to cut and paste the lot (after extraction to the folder you want to race... i.e. /CarSetup/2007_Curitiba <<< repeat as necessary as you race each track... this is what i do for the SimBin cars too once I find a good setup for one track, I Cut&Paste it to the folder I'm wanting to race...

the diff ratios work like this... the smallest number (3.15) is the longest diff (highest top speed) and the largest (3.7) is the shortest (lowest top speed)...

Günthar,

Has anything changed in the final diff files from V1.4 or can you use the old files?. The reason I ask is that I copied and pasted the V1.4 files into all my tracks so would save a lot of time if I could just load those instead of doing it all again.

Regards

Craig

• Bert Van Waes

Tx for clearing that one up for me:)

I will try some out.

Late

Günthar,

Has anything changed in the final diff files from V1.4 or can you use the old files?. The reason I ask is that I copied and pasted the V1.4 files into all my tracks so would save a lot of time if I could just load those instead of doing it all again.

Regards

Craig
Yes you can - they are the same physics

I don't know about it being in the plr file, but for all the Simbin cars it comes from where ever the engine is located. In this mod it just comes from the centre of the car.
Not a big deal as it's usually race over when you see it, unless the engine is just overheating.

As for the bumper, well I don't usually watch races. But I've seen it fall off in a WTCC race and the car kept going. If I remember correctly that is. Just noticed it because that's how the Simbin cars are, they lose the bumpers pretty easily.

You are probably right - the rFactor version of which I'm used to, its in the plr file. As for the bumpers - yes they do in the WTCC, but in the Australian V8's, I can't say since the VE model that a front bumper has fallen off and the car able to keep going, they do dislodge but never fall off. The rear bumpers do on a few occasions, but usually if the car has copped that kind of hit, it seems to stop where it is. With the bumper being dislodged, they usually black flag the car before it does fall off. Kind of makes the series tame in comparison with WTCC and BTCC.

Yes you can - they are the same physics

but they won't show by default for the 2009 cars, you will need to select the 08 model on the left, then load the setup, then save under the 09 car... same as if you wanted to run a wtcc 06 setup on a wtcc 07 or stcc car...

Also, you will need to check the selected tyre... as there are 3 compounds in 2009 and only 2 in 2008 season...

...As for the bumpers ... but in the Australian V8's, I can't say since the VE model that a front bumper has fallen off and the car able to keep going, they do dislodge but never fall off....

88crash.jpg

• Midget

i really want to play the game but i installed my game under e drive and cannot find race 07 to extract it to please help right away

• Midget

i can't extract it beacuse i steam file and have no race o7 to extract it to please help quickly

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back