FVR V8 2008 Aussie Racing Series v1.4 Released

new VE model now in-game...

Race_Steam2008-12-0120-51-12-82.jpg

just to get your taste buds going even more, am about to add the NZV8 BA/VZ cars soon... I have a few issues I would like to knock out of the VE/BF cars asap, and then maybe get a beta release out for Christmas so that the physics / handling can get a good thrashing... and we can start tweaking that... i.e. some of you fast as guys, racing on the few Aussie tracks out already and getting feed back on laptimes so as to open up or close down the aero/grip/etc for a closer match to RL...

...I would like to knock out of the VE/BF cars asap, and then maybe get a beta release out for Christmas...

Oh man!!! Can't wait! Surely i'm not good as a beta tester, but i'm good in driving (i Think).:sinister:
If the beta release for christmas comes true, i'll push all the cars around every track you'd want me. Maybe having a little hotlap event...

Plz go on with your great work!

• Wido Rossen

Very impressive Günthar,

As a V8fan i can hardly wait for it ....:highfive:

If I can get it out in beta form, it'll be open beta for all to test out.

You can race on what ever track you want, but really the only useful data feed back will be from those tracks used in the RL V8SC series. This is so we can compare Evo lap times etc to RL lap times, if you see where I'm coming from :)

In the way of Aussie tracks, right now we only have the Melbourne GP circuit and Surfer's Paradise street circuit. Mallala is available on Weissbierbude, but sadly that track is no longer among the living. :disapointed:

Oh, and Michael, in terms of technology, the NZ V8s are very different to the V8 Supercars. They use the same chassis and car models as the V8 Supercars, but as quoted from Wikipedia:

• Power: The engine is a controlled 5.0l V8 (R302ci for the Ford and 304ci for the Holden). Most parts of the engine are controlled and unlike the Australian Touring Cars (V8 Supercar Championship) which uses fuel injection, the series uses a controlled caburettor. The other control parts for the engine are manifolds, exhausts, cam-shafts, rockers, air-filter/cold air box and ignition. The engines are rev-limited to 6400rpm. Top speed is 240 km/h.
    • Gearbox: The gearing of a NZ V8 is also controlled. All teams use a controlled 4 speed gearbox produced by Richmond. The gear set, clutch, flywheel and gearbox are also controlled and made by Richmond.
    • Tyres: A controlled Dunlop D14 non tread "slick" and R92 W08 treaded wet weather tyre. The contact patch is very small and therefore there is very little grip. Only six new tyres are given out to teams per round to spice up racing.
    • Brakes: Brakes are controlled Wilwood six piston front and four piston rear brakes with controlled calipers, rotors and pedal box.
    • Aero: A standard aerodynamic package (which is very similar to an Australian V8 Supercar in terms of look) of a rear wing and end plates/mounting pedestals, a front splitter and side skirts are supplied to the teams of each make.
    • Suspension: Control Koni shock absorbers. Bars and springs are not controlled.
    • Bodyshell: Each car is loosely based on either the Holden VY Commodore or Ford BA Falcon production bodyshells, with an elaborate roll cage constructed into the shell from aircraft grade materials. Other modifications include wider wheel arches and pick up points for the front splitter and rear wing.
    • Weight: Minimum weight is 1420 kg with the driver included.
But I'm sure we could do tests at Ruapuna anyway. :)

Yeah, Melbourne would be the best track. The case against Surfer's is as follows: Besides being the Aussie version of Monaco :)wink2:), from watching the IndyCars and comparing the Real Life footage to the game, I can say that the in-game track is very inaccurate.

Melbourne looks like the goer at the moment for best feed back. After thinking about it, using the time trial servers with the V8's and that track could produce a nice laptime readout, and here for driver feed back...

+ some racing too :) some of the STCC tracks would sub nicely for V8 ones...

FYI, a release from FVR of Hamilton should be close :) rF then GTR2 then Race07

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 156 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 298 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing