1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FVR NZ Supertourers Race07 Mod

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Mods' started by dbens1, Jul 9, 2012.

1. FVRFactor are proud to again release our latest mod NZ SuperTourers. Based off the New Zealand V8 SuperTourer series and exclusively created specifically to emulate this new series. Hours have been spent on this mod since it was first started in November 2011. We have tried to capture the heart and soul of the series and will update shortly to bring some of the new modifications that have been brought to the series, including updated round skins and parts. This version is for Race07/GTR Evo

This mod is for private use only - commercial usage is subject to written approval by FVRFactor. This is not negotiable. We are easy to contact via FVRFactor.com.

All parts, models, graphics, text files remain the property of FVRFactor. We do not give permission for conversion, for editing and for release of our stuff. If you need it - ask us or make your own. Do not pull it apart, just race it or delete it.

We have many people to thank so please take time to read the credits when closing the mod.

We have made sure we have not taken over your copy of Race07 by installing all our stuff to take over your mods.

INSTALLATION - Windows 7 - if you have issues with Windows 7 and it can't find bits - this is an installation error unrelated to the mod. Windows 7 likes to install to weird places sometimes. If this occurs, uninstall and install to a made up folder and copy all the files to your rF install.

FAULTS - Yes we know of a few. Don't worry about looking for them, we will fix a few in the coming months - damage - should work, if the parts don't fall off they weren't intended to. We have limited this - so smash the car all you like the wings will NOT come off.

Here is the list of everyone we need to thank.

NZ SuperTourers by FVRFactor

NZ SuperTourers is a scratch built mod for the sim rFactor.

3D Modelling

Drivers Suits

Texturing Dashboards:

Talent Files:

Alpha Testing:

Conversion from rfactor to Race07
    Tewie (fantastic work mate)

Andy Booth - Andy Booth Racing
    For posting a million pictures on his facebook page and providing
    us with information we needed and photos upon request.

Colin Corkery - Racing Projects
    For assisting us in the physics department with your knowledge.

Lee Burley - Melbourne Performance Centre
    For assisting us with specific photo's, physics assistance
    and information upon request.

Nathan Addis - Hyper Stimulator NZ
    For assisting us with graphics.

Jack Kofoed - Kiwi Carbrokers NZ
    For assisting us with graphics.

Gareth Breeuwsma - Simworx
    For providing feedback to us on the drag
    coefficient for the physics.

To our partners, kids and our cats and dogs for putting up
    with our hobby since we started this mod and the Aussie V8's
    back on November 22nd, 2011. Six long hard months exactly,
    from start to release.

Any file, information, content, idea, or other parts
    relating to this mod, or its development or format
    is proprietary to FVRFactor.

*Third-party brands and names are the property of their respective owners.

(c) 2012 FVRFactor
    All Rights Reserved.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Thank you for posting this. Looking forward to trying this out.
  3. No doubt a lot of hard work went into this mod - so a huge thank you for making it!
  4. We hope you like it. Of course I forgot to mention that these cars do not behave like the V8 Supercars that they resemble. They are an entirely newly made racecar and the mod has been designed to drive like these new cars. Heaps of feedback was supplied by the Supertourer teams and drivers mentioned to get them behaving as close to the real cars as possible
  5. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

Wow, these cars are fantastic to drive! Absolutely gorgeous handling. I love this mod :)
    It's better than the Aussie V8 Supercars mod, imo. I can already see this being driven in a Club event soon.. great work!
  6. Thanks for that. Yeah they are a totally different beast to drive (even though they look like V8 Supercars)
  7. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Oh these cars drive awesome! :thumbsup:

I didn't even set the car up, drove great as is.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

Nice lap :) Looks like you could shift a bit earlier, though, It's advisable to shift before you hit the limiter of a certain gear. This'll help you accelerate better in most cases. That's what I've been taught at least, and it seems to work :thumbsup:
  9. Interesting that you hold that view, cause to me, the best supacar V8 is OZ 2010, with 2011 being a good car but does seem way too understeery compared to the very balanced 2010, also, the NZ mods have really weak FFB on steering and braking.

I also seem to be 3-4 seconds a lap quicker with the NZV8 compared to 2010 OZ...
  10. Thanks :)
  11. Which version of bathurst is that??
  12. Not sure but it looks nice :)

Looks like it might be a slightly updated/converted version of the Bathurst2006 track that was doing the rounds (an unauthorised conversion of the ORSM Bathurst track from rfactor) but I cannot say for sure. Maybe some one is working on a newly updated track. I know that we have a WIP version over at FVR, but it is not at this level of detail yet (or at least the one that I have is not ;))
  13. I am pretty sure that is the NFS Shift Bathurst converted to GTR Evo.
  14. Yeah I think you are right .... the more I look at it the more I notice how wide it is. The NFS Shift conversion in rf is way too wide IMO
  15. ahhh you may be right, i have that. ive never had a bathurst were the AI was fast enough, wish i had one that was a little more raceable.

As for the mod, looks great. ive built a new PC hopefully should be working by the weekend really looking forward to giving it a go.
  16. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

I'm bumping this thread:D

Here is a great mod that we should at least give it a try on a Club Race. FVR Factor worked hard to release this mod and was kind enough to share it with us here and it kinda got swept under the rug :(
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego
    3X Race Department Rally Champion

I have this mod for Race 07 and It's fantastic, the feeling of the cars is very pleasant :thumbsup:

so which car do you guys think is better? the Holden or the Ford?
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  18. They should be very similar in feel. The real life cars are based on a common chassis and drive train with identical aero and similar performance :) (although I must admit I usually drive a Holden LOL)
    • Like Like x 1