FVR DTM 2007 Racing Series v1.0 + v1.1 Patch

The sounds are fine for me, Merceded and Audi sound different and sound fantastic.

One point Id like to mention though. I am doing a ch'ship with Merc, Audi and Alpha only. Theres usually a few drivers that are normally found at the top in real life, and they are languishing down in 20-25 positions all the time, they never seem to exit the pit garage during qualifying. The drivers i notice that tend to do this are Schneider, Spengler, Ekstrom, Tomcyck, Green and one or 2 others. While at the top, there are drivers you dont normally expect to see up there (like ickx, stoddart, luhr, schumacher, margaritis), although no disrespect to those drivers. It just takes the edge off the 'realism' of it.

Again, im finding on some tracks the AI run very wide on corners. Tracks ive found this so far - Barcelona GP, Istanbul, Nurburgring, Oschersleben and Zandvoort. AI is on 89-90%, they're really quick, I cant keep up with them on most tracks lol. Theres also a difference on some tracks, sometimes i can be 2 seconds a lap slower, others, 2 seconds quicker, although im guessing this is down to the track rather than the dtm mod?

The action cam (mercedes particulary) is really odd, it seems like its in the passenger seat and quite low down. The alpha action cam was fine (presumably cos it was taken from the wtcc xtreme cars). Not tried the action cam in the Audi yet.

Still, great fun to drive.

:)

the Action cams on the two RL cars where located where the RL TV cams have be founds in some videos I watched :)

A.I. is poked!! and is one of my main things to work on for v1.2. I only test them at 100% which makes them a challenge for me. The drives have talent files that reflect their performance from the end of the 2007 season. I think most of the issues lie else where... in rF TCMT DTM 2007, they used the same sound bytes and a single sfx file for both cars, as I have done... I find it funny that some find the sounds different between one car and another on either platform :) Also, I have a giggle reading of those promoting the performance advantages that each car has over the others :) Again, they all (WTCC-X and RL DTM) run the same physics to keep it simple, close and fun racing... I think everyone loves the closeness of the FBMW, F3000, radicals or minis etc and this was aimed to be inline with those...

News on patch v1.2

# New tyre model - fixed the center tyre temps not being effected by the tyre pressure
# New Rear Wing Adjustment - basically have moved to the real life number of settings adjustments (lots more, but about the same overall range)
# Front and Rear Packers - Now can be adjusted to have zero packers
# Front and Rear ARB - can be detached now
# New AI - as per the AI Beta that is out
# New Swingman Cams for the Audi's and Merc's - Thanks to Bond007
# New "other" cams for the Audi's and Merc's
# Slight improvement with the wheels coming through the arches at the front on the Audis...

yes, I hope to release today, just rebuilt my crashed RAID and was about to cry that I'd lost everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) due to my Storage Data Drive in use elsewhere... All good now, just running file repair tools to fix a few last corruptions...

I have not yet sorted the Audi Shift animation, but hope to get that sorted and included....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back