• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

FVee Set-up base or ? needed

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme Setups' started by David Brock, Apr 22, 2015.

1. David Brock

David Brock

Ratings:
    +23
    As the title sats, I'm looking for either a good base set-up or your favourite for a particular that I can then adjust as needed for others. Thanks

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. tpw

tpw

Ratings:
    +139
    Agree, it's a hell of a handful to drive in its stock setup. I pretty much end up facing backwards in 80% of my track outings. Is there a setting which helps with the extreme tendency to oversteer?

3. bömii

bömii
    Premium

Ratings:
    +220
    I tihnk the Vee depends more on techique than setup, when the Vee was released i really struggled. The most important thing i guess is, that you have to balance the car with the throttle through turns, to counter the oversteer. This will eliminate the oversteer on turn-in and through the corners. Keep practicing ! :D

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  4. tpw

tpw

Ratings:
    +139
    You're probably right mate. I know next to nothing about setups and just thought there might be something to help. It's an incredibly challenging car to drive but also very rewarding to pull off a nice controlled lap or two.

5. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium

Ratings:
    +363
    Pretty sure @Jarek Kostowski (who is one of the fastest guys I've race against in the Vee) uses the default setup.
    Driving the Vee has more to do with technique than setup

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Quas

Quas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +822
    Yep, i'm always on default except on very dangerous tracks i would occasionally harden the front ARB by one or two clicks. I tried a million different sets & settings during the league and came do the conclusion that default works best (for me).
    Once you start making the car safer, the understeer will slow you down.