1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

FVee Set-up base or ? needed

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme Setups' started by David Brock, Apr 22, 2015.

1. As the title sats, I'm looking for either a good base set-up or your favourite for a particular that I can then adjust as needed for others. Thanks

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. tpw

tpw

Agree, it's a hell of a handful to drive in its stock setup. I pretty much end up facing backwards in 80% of my track outings. Is there a setting which helps with the extreme tendency to oversteer?

3. I tihnk the Vee depends more on techique than setup, when the Vee was released i really struggled. The most important thing i guess is, that you have to balance the car with the throttle through turns, to counter the oversteer. This will eliminate the oversteer on turn-in and through the corners. Keep practicing ! :D

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  4. tpw

tpw

You're probably right mate. I know next to nothing about setups and just thought there might be something to help. It's an incredibly challenging car to drive but also very rewarding to pull off a nice controlled lap or two.

5. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

Pretty sure @Jarek Kostowski (who is one of the fastest guys I've race against in the Vee) uses the default setup.
    Driving the Vee has more to do with technique than setup

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

Yep, i'm always on default except on very dangerous tracks i would occasionally harden the front ARB by one or two clicks. I tried a million different sets & settings during the league and came do the conclusion that default works best (for me).
    Once you start making the car safer, the understeer will slow you down.