1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Funny/intense ghosting or lagging experiences

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Ryan Ogurek, May 12, 2014.

1. Ryan Ogurek

Ryan Ogurek
    Editor / Automotive News Staff

With the new multiplayer available in Assetto Corsa I have found myself having several crazy experiences all caused by someone ghosting or otherwise lagging. So I thought there ought to be a thread where we can share these stories.

One for example was a race with @Saleem Hodge and several others from RD and a few public racers. Right at the start of the race there was a crash at the starting line, One of the cars seemed to explode and suddenly a set of four tires was flying over our heads going in one direction while the body of the car went flipping out of control way up into the air. Made for a dramatic start!

There was also a period of about ten seconds today, while driving the lotus Exos 125 s1, where a Zonda R was ghosting from one side to the other of me while going through turns, I don't know what the heck he was doing in terms of actual driving but it seemed i was racing against a teleporting car which was intent on making me wet myself.

These things make for one heck of an obstacle when trying to run good race!

2. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

@Ryan Ogurek I remember that explosion! Was that at Monza? I laughed my arse off! Wished I would have recorded it.

3. Ryan Ogurek

Ryan Ogurek

@Saleem Hodge I'm not sure what track that was could have been Monza. I think there was more than one crazy event that night and probably more than one at Monza alone haha.

4. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

Monza was nuts, we had that one guy just sitting by the track edge, just to punt people off.

5. Ryan Ogurek

Ryan Ogurek

Hahaha yeah I forgot about that! I was in a race just a few minutes ago and I think I became that exploding and flying car when another person collided with me at high speed. :D

6. For me it is every race on every track. In other words, MP is pretty much undrivable at the moment for me. Every car is ghosting and exploding into the moon. No chance of close fights.

7. Ryan Ogurek

Ryan Ogurek

@Arkadiusz Wawrzyniak That's unfortunate. I'm sure with the full release and the optimizations being finished it will be infinitely better.