• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured Fun Factor: rFactor 2 Fun Night Racing the Miniville on Sat April 22nd

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,455
    rFactor 2 Miniville Race.jpg
    RaceDepartment are pleased to present to you something... a little bit different! Introducing the return of our long lost friend... rFactor 2 fun nights! Fancy racing a cartoon? Well we have you covered!

Nope you haven't clicked the wrong link, that tea didn't contain whisky and you haven't accidently inhaled copious amounts of drugs...

Now you might be thinking "what the heck" when you read this, but trust me this is going to be a blast. Using arguably the most sophisticated racing simulation software available to the public, with Real Road technology allowing dynamic track changes and real time weather, flatspots, chassis flex and an advanced tyre model so detailed many modding teams have found it difficult to adopt on their own creations, we will be using all that technology and more as we host a test of skill, nerve, experience and.... nah it's just going to be a bunch of blokes having a crack on TeamSpeak and driving a cartoon Noddy car on a cartoon track... What's not to like!

The club race event will be taking place Saturday 22nd April from 19:00 GMT for 30 minutes of pre race practice. Setup tips will be available on TeamSpeak for those drivers wishing to capture the most performance from these ridiculous racing machines...

The full schedule can be seen below:

Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
    Qualifying: 19:30 GMT (30 minutes)
    Race: 20:00 GMT (30 minutes)

To add to the altogether unprofessional and very un sim like atmosphere of the event we are pleased to announce we will be streaming the race live and exclusive to our growing Twitch TV audience! So you too can have access to the coolest sim racing event of the year to show off to your friends about :D

This is going to be a seriously good event and it would be great to see plenty of you out on track with us on the 22nd. Head over to the race thread (LINK HERE) and get yourself signed up to one of the most (not so) serious races you will ever do! It's got fun with a capital F written all over it :)

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation released by Image Space Incorporated and now under control of Studio 397.

If you love sim racing (well you are reading RD so I suspect you do) and want to discover more about rFactor 2, check out our dedicated rFactor 2 sub forum. Here you will find a place to discuss the sim with your fellow enthusiasts as well as an opportunity to take part in our soon to be revived League and Club racing events using the software. Get yourself involved and let's get some interaction going!

Do you fancy joining in the "fun factor" this April 22nd? Have you tried the Miniville mod yet? Looking for a place to come and play rFactor 2 online? Let us know in the comments section below!

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Love Love x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  2. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,458
    I am so in for fun nights :inlove: Sign me up :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Commentator - The Voice of RD (Steam: WrightRD) Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,245
    Good news is we've got @Simon Smith behind the mic for the amazing broadcast of the event too! I can't think of a better commentator for the job!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,455
    Just for the sake of clarity to anyone reading this article, please use THIS LINK to sign up to the race event.

Still feel free to post comments here however, because comments on my articles make me feel good :)

Happy racing everyone !

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Azure Flare

Azure Flare
    Forever a backmarker Premium

Ratings:
    +454
    I'm pretty sure the original creators did though...

• Haha Haha x 3
  6. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,375
    :D

The original creator is Lou (aka Santa rF). He is/was working for ISI. Don't know if he still a dev.

Anyway my kids like it. :)

• Love Love x 7
  7. Celestiale

Celestiale
    Premium

Ratings:
    +373
    Oh boy :laugh: If i'd own rFactor, i would be so in this hooey:geek:

8. Frank

Frank
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +898
    Your chance to get a copy ;-).

9. Celestiale

Celestiale
    Premium

Ratings:
    +373
    In the next sale. Just got Automobilista on sale.
    Patience the young padawan must have:unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Reb.Ellion

Reb.Ellion
    Premium

Ratings:
    +435
    -

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +193
    You can drive this in AMS too...:D

Edit: just read the post above... Anyway, Miniville is fun to drive, AI can be a bit aggressive too...:roflmao:

12. Celestiale

Celestiale
    Premium

Ratings:
    +373
    Well, but the race is not in Automobilista :(

13. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +193
    It sure is ! ;)