1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FUN EVENT @ Top Gear Test Track - Saturday December 24, 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Chris Butcher, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Cars: WTCC 06/07
    Track: Top Gear Test Track
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

All Day: Open Practice
    20:30 GMT: Races start (15 mins, as many as people want to do!)
    • This will be a normal race with normal damage/cutting rules in place
    • You are however allowed to push you opponents, but no excessive ramming
    • With this being a figure of 8 circuit, be on the lookout for cars coming from the other direction!
    Server and teamspeak password: click here
    We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Whilst you aren't likely to hone your driving skills in this event, TS3 definately adds to the fun, and it's always a great laugh talking to us during these events.

Entrylist: To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below. :D
    1. Chris Butcher
    2. Erik Tveit
    3. Kennett Ylitalo
    4. Aristide Romanov
    5. Martin Leyfield
    6. Nick Deeley
    7. Scott Webber
    8. Eric Stranne (maybe)
    9. Dave Begley
    10. Frankl Mate
    11. Kieron Swart
    12. Dave Flower
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
    Update #25
  2. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

indeed :D
  3. Yeah, the same.
  4. Sign me up please.
  5. Please sign me up.

Please consider adding more cars:
    BMW Mini,
    Caterham 200
    Caterham 260 + 80KG
    WTCC87 + 80KG
    Audi production + 120KG
    Viper Production +160KG
    GT Club Vertigo + 200KG.
  6. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Maybe :)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Not a sign up (yet) but I seem to remember this track only supporting up to 8 drivers, I hope its been updated and I'm wrong, but I thought I should mention it.
  8. I made the 24 car patch a while ago, it was dismissed at the time (mrrr).. I'll look it up.

EDIT: couldn't find it but i'll make a new one. The GDB that comes with the track is anyway flawed, big time.. There's NO possibility to race on this track without a patch, the attrition is 3 times normal so you'll tires are pretty much at 300% wear rate, the race is fixed length (3 laps or 120minutes), so is qualy... I'll test the patch and send it to you guys. I'll repack the track and release a patch for those that have downloaded the track.
  9. Okay, here's the updated track: http://cream.galleria.fi/RD/Tracks/DAFTopGear_0.99b_fix_by_CreamK.zip

There were so many error that i decided to re-release this package. The original was in permanent beta (0.99a), my update basically makes it 1.0 but since original authors can not be connected, i didn't want to claim that this is out of beta.. And there still may be some bugs but didn't find any that would stop this race ;)

EDIT: oh yeah, you get to see Race07 beatiful sunset in Practice1.. It's rarely used since it has horrible bugs with elevation changes and shadows but in this case it was viable, ie, track is completely flat and no shadow casters.....
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Kennett just sent me a fix. Kudos to Kennett!
  11. I might be able to attend this. Put me as a maybe and I'll try my best to be there.
  12. sign me up :D

Mod edit: Links removed to prevent confusion
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I'll try to make it.
  14. Dave Begley

Dave Begley
    Premium Member

im in for this
  15. Heh, thanks but not really needed.. My fileserver has direct links and no limits.. And i actually have to pay for it so lets use it..
  16. if you look closely i uploaded the track not your fix :)
  17. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Guys, I have updated the top post with the new fixed track, courtesy of Kennett. Please only download from that link or the one Kennett has posted (sorry Scott, don't want any mismatches :p)
  18. Still not a sign up (I don't know if I shall be free and hate sign up and no shows, so i won't).

Just wanted to say a big thankyou to Kennett for his hard work, its appreciated very much by us all - THANKYOU !
  19. Chris, ny name's Eric, not Erik :D
    C -Stranne
    K - Tveit

Just a small detail.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Changed it in the signup list.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.