1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Fun Event @ Macau - Saturday October 22nd 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Chris Butcher, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
    Default Car: WTCC 07
    Default Track: Macau
    Weather: Dry

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:50 GMT: Qualification
    20:00 GMT: Race (Unlimited time/laps, see below)

This event is a free-for-all, demolition derby. This is a much requested event so we are bringing it to you. The last man standing wins!

Again, we can do as many as you guys want to do.

Server and teamspeak password: click here
    We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically. Click the banner below to log in to TS3.

[​IMG]

Entrylist:
    To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Chris Butcher
    2. Kennett Ylitalo
    3. Frankl Mate
    4. Georgios Davakos
    5. Mike Bell
    6. Eric Stranne
    7. Tobias Olsson
    8. Mike Sterckx
    9. Ricardo Umans
    10. Dave Flower
    11. Jari Aikio
    12. Senad Subasic
    13. Georgios Davakos (maybe)
    14. Erik Tveit
    15. Jonathan Johansson
    16. Adam Eggbeer (maybe)
    17. Omer Said
    18. Oscar Hardwick
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
    26. Driver
    27. Driver
    28. Driver
    29. Driver

2. Nice! Sign me in. I had the Arena almost race ready but there were no requests to complete it... Well, Macau certainly is going to be fun.

3. Sign me in, thanks :D

4. Finish me up!!! I deffinatly can't miss this. :)

5. The Destruction Derby arena trackpack is ready: http://cream.galleria.fi/RD/Tracks/Arena_v1.0_by_CreamK.zip

3 layouts, open center Arena, closed center arena and a short course with double roundabouts.. That open arena you have to see to get it.. Drop to center, change to wingman camera and drive back to pits making yourself a living speedbumb... Closed arena is the same but with flat tarmac instead of the drop, very good for King of the Hill. In that course those double roundabouts will loop twice over it self so that's guaranteed carnage.

Very small, 5 megs packed so track changes will be very short. If enough people like this maybe we will switch to this... Or drive the Macau first and put these three to server rotation queue... Did i use enough bold?

EDIT: Oh, forgot, in the open arena you have to be betweenn the green lines to be a valid winner.. And if you guys like, i can out a wall down there (i call it purgatory :mad:) so returning to track is impossible.. BTW the fastest way around the track is very near the center...

6. A short video, i think you get the picture...Sorry that the arena part is a little short but when driven above that protrudin roof, it's a moving speedbumb... What if those that are sentenced to purgatory aren't allowed to return (i can modify it to limit that).. Good reason to stay on track even when there's no chance of winning.. That concept is sweet when applied to a regular track, all that drop-outs are a nuicance.

7. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

A wall down there sounds great ;)

We can do whatever everyone else wants with the tracks - these are your events :)

8. Mike Bell

Mike Bell
    One-time RDTCC Race Winner Premium Member

sign me up plz :)

9. I am gutted as my race 07 has stopped working. message keeps coming up. "steamstartup failed with error 108: the local steam service is not running"

So I am glad that my idea will be a fun event (sorry if it sounds smug) but i am annoyed that im 99% sure I wont be taking part

10. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

David - you've got 3 days to reinstall Steam and/or Race 07 :p

11. Seriously i have tried every trick in the book to fix it, uninstall and reinstall steam and race 07, and I have also looked at forums to see all the potential solutions, tried them all and all have failed.

I will uninstall and reinstall again but im 99% sure it wont work.

12. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Downloaded the most up to date version of steam?

13. Yep

14. Don't worry Chris, when rfactor 2 comes out, Race 07 will be pushed quite far down the pecking order:)

15. If it will come out that is.

16. I know im so fed up of waiting. Anyway I think im going a bit off topic so i'll keep quiet now.

17. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

Why Macau? o.O

Would be so much better with a open track where you could ram everywhere. But on a other note, who will be at the hairpin? :tongue:

18. I said Macau because i thought that the barriers will do more damage. Now thinking about it, the pubela oval might had been better because they have walls as well and also better for run ups but oh well.

19. I think Kennett's track would be fun, but it's probably a bit too late to change. I'm in.

20. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Agreed Eric. However we will be doing 2 events at Kennett's track - A "proper" demolition derby, and King of the hill :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.