1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

FUN EVENT - King of the Hill @ Arena - Saturday January 14th 2012 - DATE CHANGE!

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Chris Butcher, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM FUN
    Cars: All Default Race 07 content
    Track: Arena (click link to download)
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

All Day: Open Practice
    20:30 GMT: Races start (5 mins, as many as people want to do!)

Welcome to King of the Hill. Normally, these events would be first person to achieve a certain time on the hill wins. However, this is impossible for me so we will run this event in a slightly different way.

The aim of the game is to be the one on top of the hill when the clock reaches Zero. To do this, you must defend yourself on there, whilst the others try and knock you off. Teamspeak is highly recommended for this for easier communication.

Server and teamspeak password: click here
    We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Whilst you aren't likely to hone your driving skills in this event, TS3 definately adds to the fun, and it's always a great laugh talking to us during these events.

[​IMG]

Entrylist:
    To signup simply reply in the thread below ! (CD = Confirmed after Date change)

1. Chris Butcher (CD)
    2. Kennett Ylitalo (CD)
    3. Eric Stranne (CD)
    4. Frankl Mate (CD)
    5. Erik Tveit (CD)
    6. Teemu Toikka
    7. Jonatan Motterham
    8. Mike Bell (CD)
    9. Rupe Wilson
    10. Leonardo Ferreira (CD)
    11. Erik Tveit (CD)
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Update #37

2. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Many thanks to Kennett for this amazing track :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Heh, of course i'm in... See in you in Inferno...

And maybe we'll do the open version too, it has driveable surfaces in three layers and that gives the concept:Heaven, Purgatory and Hell! Heaven is a circle that has a hole in the center, the Pit.If you get pushed to the Pit, you land on Purgatory.. You may come out of it by chance or risk a big drop to hell. There is one way out, it's narrow and well hidden.. But you have to drive carefully, the horny little b#"tard is may catch you and DQ you out for good.

People in Purgatory can hinder those who drive the race in Heaven and, the best laptimes comes from driving at the edge of the Pit. I planned it to be Seven levels of Hell but the game started to put restrictions on it.If you use that then we'll just try to race, everybody want' to be inside all the time but it gets dangerous there, i believe it could provide good settings for a wrecking match.. Then again, that one uses some of Race07 physic engine bugs, don't know how chaotic it gets..

Then there's a double roundabout chaos course too but that's just a bonus, three tracks in the price of one. The course is idiotic but could be fun, it's just a filler... And it blocks conveniently half of the scenery.

(I'll add some screenshots here...)

4. Yes please

5. Sounds fun, sign me up please.

6. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes! :D

7. Teemu Toikka

Teemu Toikka
    Not so Flying Finn

Sign me up ;)

8. i'm in, sounds like fun

9. Track is tested, no bugs found.. Well, there are a LOT of bugexploits but none that weren't designed. Except that Purgatory redemption won't work with BMW, Seat worked the best. Also it's a good idea to lower FFB. There is a testserver up, SRS Fun Event test just in case anyone like to see it online.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mike Bell

Mike Bell
    One-time RDTCC Race Winner Premium Member

hmm, dont think im doing anything saturday at that time

so sign me up please :)

11. Please sign me up as maybe. Must be good on saturday and Missus might let me play ;)

12. yes please

13. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

yes please.....:rolleyes:

14. it will be a no for me after all. THanks for the effort though

15. is te server up now?

16. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Nope - and I can't set it up currently as the login details have changed. I'll have it online ASAP.

17. Doesn't seem to be... For admin: remember to put both Arenas, ArenaClosed as first event.

18. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

any news
    :D

19. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

I'm trying, but it's not up yet :(

20. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher