PC2 Full Project CARS 2 Car List Reveal

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Full Car List Revealed.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have revealed the list of machines due to ship with the upcoming Project CARS 2 game, including some impressive cars from past and modern motorsport.

With release across Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC scheduled for early September, SMS have upped the pace of announcements in recent weeks with confirmation of pre order bonus deals (details below) and now finally the full car list scheduled to appear in the new game.

Original only expected to contain 170 vehicles, it appears that PCARS 2 will now rack up the numbers to 180 cars from nine disciplines of motorsport and 29 motorsport series.

Project CARS 2 is available to pre order now for all platforms and comes in tow different packages, Standard and Deluxe -

The Standard Edition includes:
  • The Full Game
  • The Japanese Car Pack (Honda Euro Spec Civic Type-R, Honda Project 2&4, Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Group A, Nissan 280ZX IMSA GTX)
Standard Edition is available for Xbox One (£49.99), PlayStation 4 (£49.99) and Windows PC (£44.99).

The Deluxe Edition Includes:
  • The Full Game
  • The Season Pass
  • The Japanese Car Pack (Honda Euro Spec Civic Type-R, Honda Project 2&4, Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Group A, Nissan 280ZX IMSA GTX)
  • The Motorsports Pack (Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44, Panoz Esperante GTR-1, Audi V8 DTM, Opel Astra TCR)
Deluxe Edition is available for Xbox One (£74.99), PlayStation 4 (£74.99) and Windows PC (£69.98).

The Cars:
Project CARS 2 Group 4.jpg

Project CARS 2 Group 5.jpg
Project CARS 2 Group 6.jpg
Project CARS 2 Group A.jpg
Project CARS 2 Group C.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT1.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT3 Pt1.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT3 Pt2.jpg

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC 22nd September 2017.

The Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussion around this exciting new game from Slightly Mad Studios. Check out the sub forum, get involved in the discussion and join our community as we await release later this year!

What do you think of the car list reveal for Project CARS 2? Which cars are you particularly keen to try once the game is released? Any cars missing you would like to see added in future DLC offerings? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
You've hit the nail on the head:I really want to see PC2 succeed, but going on their past track record, I'm not holding my breath.

Someone here suggested that I read the Q&A from Ian Bell over at GTP. (...)
1./ Hardly anyone was talking about the things that were so wrong with PC1, like a) driving physics, b) FFB, c) pit behavior etc. , and whether they have been improved in PC2.
(...)

2./ And console kiddies discussing problems with the FFB and controllers. Controllers! I have raced in IRL, and there in no fcuking way I could even steer the car down the pitlane with a hand-held controller, never mind control it at racing speeds!
If SMS want to be taken seriously, and have PC2 regarded as a serious simulator, and not an arcade game for the console kiddies, they must seriously up their game.

1./
a) Driving physics:
SMS's physics devs have worked closely with both manufacturer test drivers, factory racing drivers, consultants and even tyre engineers from major tyre manufacturers to get the best possible data for tyre simulation, with a particular emphasis on the effects of heating and camber and their influence on car behaviour. The Seta Tyre Model in pC2 has seen quite a bit of development compared to its pC1 iteration and the physics devs have learned more about how to calibrate its values during the past 3 years. Suspension, aero, brakes, cooling, collision, AI etc. have all been tweaked with both updated simulation models and data compared to pC1.

b) FFB: A rather substantial amount of work has gone into improving the FFB Out-of-Box experience, as well as the way it is adjusted. The feedback from pC1 has been taken into account.

c) Pit behaviour: It has been looked at. Can't offer any more details than that. I hope you'll like it.

2./ Wheels vs. Pads: When the input device is a wheel, 'normal' default setups are provided. To my knowledge, no physical model concessions* have been made to pad users. From what I understand, the goal is to provide a specific set of input controls tuned to be suitable to the limited input range of pads (think filters). These tweaks are then used to dial in pad-specific (read: more docile) default setups to ensure a decent driving experience out-of-box when the input device is a pad.

(*): I should note that I saw a dev making an offhand remark about the Seta Tyre Model version used on consoles in pC1 having been tweaked to be slightly less computationally expensive. I don't know if this will carry over to pC2, but the salient point here is that the PC STM version is NOT dumbed down for console resource constraints.

I really hope you're right. But if there's one thing I've learned in life it's "never say never", we'll see in september..:thumbsup:

Like with any other complex title released these days, odds are that you'll have an overall better experience after a couple of patches.

Last edited:
1./
a) Driving physics:
SMS's physics devs have worked closely with both manufacturer test drivers, factory racing drivers, consultants and even tyre engineers from major tyre manufacturers to get the best possible data for tyre simulation, with a particular emphasis on the effects of heating and camber and their influence on car behaviour. The Seta Tyre Model in pC2 has seen quite a bit of development compared to its pC1 iteration and the physics devs have learned more about how to calibrate its values during the past 3 years. Suspension, aero, brakes, cooling, collision, AI etc. have all been tweaked with both updated simulation models and data compared to pC1.

b) FFB: A rather substantial amount of work has gone into improving the FFB Out-of-Box experience, as well as the way it is adjusted. The feedback from pC1 has been taken into account.

c) Pit behaviour: It has been looked at. Can't offer anymore details than that. I hope you'll like it.

2./ Wheels vs. Pads: When the input device is a wheel, 'normal' default setups are provided. To my knowledge, no physical model concessions have been made to pad users. From what I understand, the goal is to provide a specific set of input controls tuned to be suitable to the limited input range of pads (think filters). These tweaks are then used to dial in pad-specific (read: more docile) default setups to ensure a decent driving experience out-of-box when the input device is a controller.

Like with any other complex title released these days, odds are that you'll have an overall better experience after a couple of patches.
You have given me hope, maybe it really will drive as good as it looks. If that is indeed the case, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong..:thumbsup::cool:

You have given me hope, maybe it really will drive as good as it looks. If that is indeed the case, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong..:thumbsup::cool:

FYI, I've edited my post slightly.

You get a like for being open to being positively surprised. :thumbsup:

FWIW, I really do hope that you'll enjoy pC2, but as always the proof is in the pudding.

If you come across an aspect in pC2 that is the same as (or -- God forbid! -- actually worse than) pC1 and you consider it an annoyance, odds are that it's a bug in pC2 rather than a deliberate choice. In my experience within WMD, the devs are always happy to receive constructive criticism.

Just something to keep in mind. :cool:

Last edited:
you forgot to mention the totally new driveline model, expecially in 4wd cars it really makes a lot of difference and it also help with sound because it gives all those nice rpm "jumps" because of driveline flexing (as in R3E)

So, Ive got 900 hours in pCars and even did a 24h race (Bentley Continental GT3 @ Spa) and I can tell you that Ive been able to push the whole time no matter whether the tires were already since 40 minutes on the car. Im not saying that I was driving best times but the car felt always the same just the laptimes became slower.

PS: "Driving is not your thing" saying this to someone who claimed track records in pCars isnt the best idea :p

2 options.

1) You ran into a bug (tire wear not working)
2) You are lying (a common trait here with people who clearly state they "want to see SMS burn")

FYI, I've edited my post slightly.

You get a like for being open to being positively surprised. :thumbsup:

FWIW, I really do hope that you'll enjoy pC2, but as always the proof is in the pudding.

If you come across an aspect in pC2 that is the same as (or -- God forbid! -- actually worse than) pC1 and you consider it an annoyance, odds are that it's a bug in pC2 rather than a deliberate choice. In my experience within WMD, the devs are always happy to receive constructive criticism.

Just something to keep in mind. :cool:
After recieving your assurances, yesterday I downloaded PC1 again from Steam, as I last had it on my computer several months ago. I was pleasently surprised: has it been patched since I last had it? I have that feeling, it is much nicer than I remembered it.
The only thing that still really, really drives me mad is being driven in and out of the box, and the idiotic race engineer saying go, go, go! like a moron. But I've read that that has been improved. And I've been reading about all the other things that will be better ( supposedly ), in PC2.
And, here it comes: in a fit of spontaneous largesse, due to one of my clients at last paying his long-overdue bill, I have pre-ordered the deluxe version from Steam.
I thought I'd put my money where my mouth is :thumbsup:
What a turn-around eh? I hope it's going to justify lashing out €80, in September I'll know. If SMS and the spin doctor have burned me again, no matter: no risk, no fun :D
As they say here in Germany, the money isn't gone, it's just that somebody else has it now :laugh:

The only thing that still really, really drives me mad is being driven in and out of the box, and the idiotic race engineer saying go, go, go! like a moron. But I've read that that has been improved. And I've been reading about all the other things that will be better ( supposedly ), in PC2.

You can shut off the engineer and then use the external Crew Chief App for PC1. To be honest, I would highly recommend it but yes there has been more work put into the engineer for PC2.

And, here it comes: in a fit of spontaneous largesse, due to one of my clients at last paying his long-overdue bill, I have pre-ordered the deluxe version from Steam.
I thought I'd put my money where my mouth is :thumbsup:
What a turn-around eh? I hope it's going to justify lashing out €80, in September I'll know. If SMS and the spin doctor have burned me again, no matter: no risk, no fun :D
As they say here in Germany, the money isn't gone, it's just that somebody else has it now :laugh:

I LOL'ed at that last line. How very German (whoever said that Germans don't have any humour was flat wrong!)

I also hope you didn't miss the part where I stated that I think pC2 will be better after a patch or two after release? The guys over at SMS are in final crunch, committing stuff at all hours and generally working their backsides off, and though I have the greatest respect for their efforts, I'd personally prefer to give them an extra month or two to sort out the fine details and whatnot...

(But then again, I'm on the conservative side when it comes to estimates, so who knows?)

You can shut off the engineer and then use the external Crew Chief App for PC1. To be honest, I would highly recommend it but yes there has been more work put into the engineer for PC2.
Nope, even with the engineer turned off, some irritating buffoon says go, go, go! when you drive out of the pits. IRL, I would have him fired :thumbsup: Or to quote Kimi Raikonen: "leave me alone, I know what I'm doing !" :cool:

I LOL'ed at that last line. How very German (whoever said that Germans don't have any humour was flat wrong!)

I must disappoint you: I'm actually english, although I've been living in Germany since 1983 (my wife is German, you know how these things happen :D ) But the Germans do have a sense of humour, believe me :thumbsup:

Last edited:
More importantly, a very reliable source has come out with a *final* track list, with one potential surprise he is holding close.
The circuit that I choosen not to display was Le Mans Karting International.
It's not a big deal for those who are not fans of kart racing and surprisingly, it was the only new circuit not leaked after all this time.

The remaining cars left to be revealed are:
2016 Aston Martin DB11
1984 Ferrari 288 GTO
1967 Ferrari 330 P4
1996 Ferrari 333 SP
1971 Ferrari 365 GTB4 Competizione
2016 Ferrari 488 GT3
2016 Ferrari 488 GTE
2002 Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
1994 Ferrari F40 LM
1996 Ferrari F50 GT
2013 Ferrari LaFerrari
2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
1999 Lamborghini Diablo GTR
2015 Lamborghini Huracan GT3
2014 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4
2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP620-2 Super Trofeo
2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
2013 Lamborghini Veneno
2013 Toyota 86
2013 Toyota GT-86
2015 Toyota GT-86 Rocket Bunny GT4
2015 Toyota GT-86 Rocket Bunny Street
1998 Toyota TS020 GT-One GT1
1999 Toyota TS020 GT-One LMGTP
2014 Toyota TS040 Hybrid

2./ Wheels vs. Pads: When the input device is a wheel, 'normal' default setups are provided. To my knowledge, no physical model concessions* have been made to pad users. From what I understand, the goal is to provide a specific set of input controls tuned to be suitable to the limited input range of pads (think filters). These tweaks are then used to dial in pad-specific (read: more docile) default setups to ensure a decent driving experience out-of-box when the input device is a pad.

Well, ****.

I just learned that it turns out that the devs ran out of time to implement a controller-sensing default setup, so there will only be one default setup per car, and it will be tweaked for pad-playability only (...)

EDIT: The point about pad-playability is NOT correct. It turns out that not only did I misread/misunderstand a specific internal post; I actually made it sound even worse. That's on me and I'm rather ashamed about it. :speechless:

For more info about the real situation, see Ian's post here and an interesting SMS quote here.

Last edited:
Is it possible that Jack Spades FFB tweaker files will work in PC2? If not, I'm pretty sure he'll bring out an update pretty quickly after release. The decision does look a bit like they're catering to the console kiddies, I do hope I'm wrong. In a fit of optimism, I pre-ordered the Deluxe edition last week, I do hope I'm not going to get burned again ...
upload_2017-7-15_23-43-19.png

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing