PC2 Full Project CARS 2 Car List Reveal

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Full Car List Revealed.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have revealed the list of machines due to ship with the upcoming Project CARS 2 game, including some impressive cars from past and modern motorsport.

With release across Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC scheduled for early September, SMS have upped the pace of announcements in recent weeks with confirmation of pre order bonus deals (details below) and now finally the full car list scheduled to appear in the new game.

Original only expected to contain 170 vehicles, it appears that PCARS 2 will now rack up the numbers to 180 cars from nine disciplines of motorsport and 29 motorsport series.

Project CARS 2 is available to pre order now for all platforms and comes in tow different packages, Standard and Deluxe -

The Standard Edition includes:
  • The Full Game
  • The Japanese Car Pack (Honda Euro Spec Civic Type-R, Honda Project 2&4, Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Group A, Nissan 280ZX IMSA GTX)
Standard Edition is available for Xbox One (£49.99), PlayStation 4 (£49.99) and Windows PC (£44.99).

The Deluxe Edition Includes:
  • The Full Game
  • The Season Pass
  • The Japanese Car Pack (Honda Euro Spec Civic Type-R, Honda Project 2&4, Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Group A, Nissan 280ZX IMSA GTX)
  • The Motorsports Pack (Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44, Panoz Esperante GTR-1, Audi V8 DTM, Opel Astra TCR)
Deluxe Edition is available for Xbox One (£74.99), PlayStation 4 (£74.99) and Windows PC (£69.98).

The Cars:
Project CARS 2 Group 4.jpg

Project CARS 2 Group 5.jpg
Project CARS 2 Group 6.jpg
Project CARS 2 Group A.jpg
Project CARS 2 Group C.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT1.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT3 Pt1.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT3 Pt2.jpg

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC 22nd September 2017.

The Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussion around this exciting new game from Slightly Mad Studios. Check out the sub forum, get involved in the discussion and join our community as we await release later this year!

What do you think of the car list reveal for Project CARS 2? Which cars are you particularly keen to try once the game is released? Any cars missing you would like to see added in future DLC offerings? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Larger gas tank

For SRO spec GT3s, I'm not sure thats the case. In both sprint and endurance format, the cars can only run for about 70 minutes. SRO doesn't have bigger and larger fuel tanks because it adds a BoP problem. You've got to balance tank size, fuel usage, fuel fill rates etc. They get around it with maximum stint lengths (65 minutes) and minimum pit stop times. You don't swap the fuel tank from a Bentley GT3 when you take it from a sprint event to an endurance event. The only additions are LED light strips, for identification and for extra visibility.

Although I can't comment on car dynamics, i feel a little weird seeing a constant mirror effect on a wet road, it seems too perfect all the time, just as long as it's wet. Might be compression for all we know, but I would like to see some variance in there and a more broken image.

I feel like everyone is really biased including myself. There are 2 opinions about pCars2: 1.)You love it 2.)You want to see it burn (me)
SMS/Ian Bell wont get me again with these announcements like"best physics", "developed by pro drivers (but there is still no difference to all other cars)" and so on. F.e. in pCars1. The Corvette C7 was developed with Tommy Miller "making it closer to real life" but it was actually still quite far off. Atleast it felt like every other car in the game including Oldtimers from the 70´s... The physics (especially tire physics) were really bad aswell. No difference in cold and warm tires and already worn and new tires. I would have less a problem with it if they wouldnt always say that they are so close to real life and a real racing sim, because they are not. Maybe (if you´re an optimistic person) an arcade-sim.

Dont get me wrong, I still enjoyed it but having them saying all the time that they are the best sim in the whole universe makes me kind of laughing and crying at the same time. And if there are no improvements in the physics I simply wont buy it cause I already got the first part of the screenshot simulator....

I feel like everyone is really biased including myself. There are 2 opinions about pCars2: 1.)You love it 2.)You want to see it burn (me)
SMS/Ian Bell wont get me again with these announcements like"best physics", "developed by pro drivers (but there is still no difference to all other cars)" and so on. F.e. in pCars1. The Corvette C7 was developed with Tommy Miller "making it closer to real life" but it was actually still quite far off. Atleast it felt like every other car in the game including Oldtimers from the 70´s... The physics (especially tire physics) were really bad aswell. No difference in cold and warm tires and already worn and new tires. I would have less a problem with it if they wouldnt always say that they are so close to real life and a real racing sim, because they are not. Maybe (if you´re an optimistic person) an arcade-sim.

Dont get me wrong, I still enjoyed it but having them saying all the time that they are the best sim in the whole universe makes me kind of laughing and crying at the same time. And if there are no improvements in the physics I simply wont buy it cause I already got the first part of the screenshot simulator....
You've hit the nail on the head:I really want to see PC2 succeed, but going on their past track record, I'm not holding my breath.
Someone here suggested that I read the Q&A from Ian Bell over at GTP. So I spent most of the evening ploughing through 85 pages of questions. Mr. Bell replied to maybe every thirtieth question, but I couldn't find any answers to the things I wanted to know, at least no concrete answers. Just the usual vague answers, and marketing spin....
Hardly anyone was talking about the things that were so wrong with PC1, like driving physics, FFB, pit behavior etc. , and whether they have been improved in PC2. Most of the posters were asking as to whether a specific circuit or car (or at least one guy asking about a specific paintjob), would be in the sim! I mean, FFS!
And console kiddies discussing problems with the FFB and controllers. Controllers! I have raced in IRL, and there in no fcuking way I could even steer the car down the pitlane with a hand-held controller, never mind control it at racing speeds!
If SMS want to be taken seriously, and have PC2 regarded as a serious simulator, and not an arcade game for the console kiddies, they must seriously up their game.
I have the nasty feeling that PC2 is going to be the same dissapointing experience that PC1 was, it's such a shame. All the promo videos are just bling bling and eye candy, no mention of the things that are important in a simulator : but I suppose if your main market is console kiddies with their PlayStations and X-Boxes it's only to be expected...
Please give me rF2 with the weather system from PC, and I'd be happy...:D

some people will be disapointed by pCARS2 even before they try it out ,you can't win ;)

if funny you should say things about broken FFB, bad physics, to me - on my CSW2 - it felt much better then other games out there ( AC, RF2 and especially AMS that was broken )

some people will be disapointed by pCARS2 even before they try it out ,you can't win ;)

if funny you should say things about broken FFB, bad physics, to me - on my CSW2 - it felt much better then other games out there ( AC, RF2 and especially AMS that was broken )

I really want it to succeed this time believe me: I spent over €3000 upgrading my computer and hardware periphery because of PC1. I bought PC1, and on my old computer, it looked like a slide show ( it was the first of the new generation games that I bought, before PC I was using GTR2 with the P&G mod, but I digress )
So I built a new one, with the specs you can see in my sig. And then I bought R3E, AC, rF2, and AMS to compare them all.
I so want PC2 to be what they're promising it will be, because now I have the killer machine to run it with everything maxed out. But I'm sceptical about how much of the maketing spin for PC2 is really true, and how much is just hot air like last time. Time will tell....

Last edited:
I guess you must be driving in another game.
What a load of ....
If you can't feel that difference, it may be that racing is not your thing, or you have a really crappy wheel.
Furthermore: you want to see the title burn ! Nice attitude you show there.
So, Ive got 900 hours in pCars and even did a 24h race (Bentley Continental GT3 @ Spa) and I can tell you that Ive been able to push the whole time no matter whether the tires were already since 40 minutes on the car. Im not saying that I was driving best times but the car felt always the same just the laptimes became slower.

PS: "Driving is not your thing" saying this to someone who claimed track records in pCars isnt the best idea :p

So, Ive got 900 hours in pCars and even did a 24h race (Bentley Continental GT3 @ Spa) and I can tell you that Ive been able to push the whole time no matter whether the tires were already since 40 minutes on the car. Im not saying that I was driving best times but the car felt always the same just the laptimes became slower.

PS: "Driving is not your thing" saying this to someone who claimed track records in pCars isnt the best idea :p
cold and warm tires are hugely different , also tire wear shows up and you have to start driving more carefully

yeah really don't understand

which car x track ?

I really want it to succeed this time believe me: I spent over €3000 upgrading my computer and hardware periphery because of PC1. I bought PC1, and on my old computer, it looked like a dia show ( it was the first of the new generation games that I bought, before PC I was using GTR2 with the P&G mod, but I digress )
So I built a new one, with the specs you can see in my sig. And then I bought R3E, AC, rF2, and AMS to compare them all.
I so want PC2 to be what they're promising it will be, because now I have the killer machine to run it with everything maxed out. But I'm sceptical about how much of the maketing spin for PC2 is really true, and how much is just hot air like last time. Time will tell....

to me pC2 is hugely improved compared to pC1,
visualy polished, improvements on UI and functionality of UI, on physics, FPS, features,

people that liked pCARS1 will LOVE pCARS2 imo
and for the haters, some will see the light , other will keep hating no matter what

but sure, wait for reviews from people you trust and then decide to buy or not

to me pC2 is hugely improved compared to pC1,
visualy polished, improvements on UI and functionality of UI, on physics, FPS, features,

people that liked pCARS1 will LOVE pCARS2 imo
and for the haters, some will see the light , other will keep hating no matter what

but sure, wait for reviews from people you trust and then decide to buy or not
I really hope you're right. But if there's one thing I've learned in life it's "never say never", we'll see in september..:thumbsup:

Well, counting the hours in pCars on PS4 and PC I'm at about 2000 hrs. I raced several 24/25 hrs (in fact all of them at full length more than once, both on PS4 and PC, with LMP's and GT3's. I also have or had several track records, so what's your point ? Turning this in a pi...ng contest ? Not your best move as you can see.
No difference between cold and warm tires ? What a ridiculous statement.
Then the fact that your lap times became slower after a while does not ring a bell ?
IRL the endurance cars can do double or even triple stints on the same tires.

The Corvette feels the same as 70's cars...LOL....come on, hate pCars or Ian Bell if that makes you feel better, but stop spreading nonsense.

The reason I was talking about my playtime/records was cause you said that driving wouldnt be my thing... I will just leave this discussion standing in the room so that everyone can build his/her own opinion :) We will see whether they changed something or whether they again just told us lies.

PS: Yes, in real life cars can do double stints. But not at daytime on softs ;)

Well, some people just want to see the world burn. Nothing you can do to change that perception as they had already made up their mind. No amount of work and changes will change their perception to a product that they loath in the first place.

The amount of tribalism in "sim" racing is just ridiculous.

I am not expecting Pcars 2 to be a massive leap in the franchise that solves every single issue with the first as that is not feasible in the first place. Meanwhile, no game is perfect in every single way. At least they took the risk of trying to improve upon the game by taking a leap with a sequel than putting the first game on slow, dreadful improvements like an eternal project that never finished. Even if they fail, at the very least, they had tried. Meanwhile, at least they have an actual game build around driving/racing, not a barebones hotlap simulator with nothing else to offer because all the resources are only on driving while any other game designs are ignored or thrown out.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back