PC2 Full Project CARS 2 Car List Reveal

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Full Car List Revealed.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have revealed the list of machines due to ship with the upcoming Project CARS 2 game, including some impressive cars from past and modern motorsport.

With release across Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC scheduled for early September, SMS have upped the pace of announcements in recent weeks with confirmation of pre order bonus deals (details below) and now finally the full car list scheduled to appear in the new game.

Original only expected to contain 170 vehicles, it appears that PCARS 2 will now rack up the numbers to 180 cars from nine disciplines of motorsport and 29 motorsport series.

Project CARS 2 is available to pre order now for all platforms and comes in tow different packages, Standard and Deluxe -

The Standard Edition includes:
  • The Full Game
  • The Japanese Car Pack (Honda Euro Spec Civic Type-R, Honda Project 2&4, Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Group A, Nissan 280ZX IMSA GTX)
Standard Edition is available for Xbox One (£49.99), PlayStation 4 (£49.99) and Windows PC (£44.99).

The Deluxe Edition Includes:
  • The Full Game
  • The Season Pass
  • The Japanese Car Pack (Honda Euro Spec Civic Type-R, Honda Project 2&4, Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Group A, Nissan 280ZX IMSA GTX)
  • The Motorsports Pack (Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44, Panoz Esperante GTR-1, Audi V8 DTM, Opel Astra TCR)
Deluxe Edition is available for Xbox One (£74.99), PlayStation 4 (£74.99) and Windows PC (£69.98).

The Cars:
Project CARS 2 Group 4.jpg

Project CARS 2 Group 5.jpg
Project CARS 2 Group 6.jpg
Project CARS 2 Group A.jpg
Project CARS 2 Group C.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT1.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT3 Pt1.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT3 Pt2.jpg

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC 22nd September 2017.

The Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussion around this exciting new game from Slightly Mad Studios. Check out the sub forum, get involved in the discussion and join our community as we await release later this year!

What do you think of the car list reveal for Project CARS 2? Which cars are you particularly keen to try once the game is released? Any cars missing you would like to see added in future DLC offerings? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Some very professional marketing spin being presented in the last weeks: nice car list, nice track list, some nice shot of real weather etc.
What I havn't seen up until now is any concrete information as to whether they have improved the things that were really ****ed up in PC1: Driving physics, FFB, Pit realism, and the terrible AI.
No word from the head spin doctor Mr. Bell, or indeed anyone else from the team about all these things. I wonder why? :whistling:

Because this is quite the snakepit when it comes to his franchise.
There is no word anywhere about all these things, just the usual marketing spin about all the bling bling stuff that the kiddies fall for: after being so disapointed about PC1 I'll see what the verdict is after realease, but I'm not holding my breath......
And if SMDs head spindoctor wants to know who is responsible for the **** reputation that he has in the simulator scene, he just needs to look in a mirror :D

Last edited:
Some very professional marketing spin being presented in the last weeks: nice car list, nice track list, some nice shot of real weather etc.
What I havn't seen up until now is any concrete information as to whether they have improved the things that were really ****ed up in PC1: Driving physics, FFB, Pit realism, and the terrible AI.
No word from the head spin doctor Mr. Bell, or indeed anyone else from the team about all these things. I wonder why? :whistling:

Actually, there has been a lot of information around those on GTP. I cannot post the link, but check out those forums for a lot of interaction with the SMS staff.

If you aren't trolling, you're a phenomenally dreadful researcher.

Actually, there has been a lot of information around those on GTP. I cannot post the link, but check out those forums for a lot of interaction with the SMS staff.
OK, I'll give you that one: I hardly ever go there due to there being no rF2 forum, but I still couldn't find any real info there about as to whether they have improved the driving physics and the FFB. Time will tell, I really want it to succeed this time believe me.

If you aren't trolling, you're a phenomenally dreadful researcher.
Why do you say that? I have been simming a long time, and also have real life racing experience.
I have compared them all: I have AC, AMS, rF2, R3E, and PC. I did give PC a fair chance, I've driven 140hrs in it. I must admit, the one thing that really, really put me off was the pit behavior, and that you can't drive the car in and out of the pits manually. It just kills any immersion stone dead, I mean what were they thinking?
All in all, for me anyway, it just feels so arcady after using rF2, and my critisism stands: the driving physics, the FFB and the AI are horrible, at least compared to the industry standard rF2.
But it does look pretty, I'll give you that. My idea of perfection would be rF2 with the PC weather engine. :thumbsup: I'll wait and see what PC2 brings, but I'm not holding my breath...

OK, I'll give you that one: I hardly ever go there due to there being no rF2 forum, but I still couldn't find any real info there about as to whether they have improved the driving physics and the FFB. Time will tell, I really want it to succeed this time believe me.

GTP has a pretty large Q&A thread with SMS with a lot of those questions. If you have the time, I would highly suggest checking it out.

View attachment 199944
Slightly Mad Studios have revealed the list of machines due to ship with the upcoming Project CARS 2 game, including some impressive cars from past and modern motorsport.

With release across Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC scheduled for early September, SMS have upped the pace of announcements in recent weeks with confirmation of pre order bonus deals (details below) and now finally the full car list scheduled to appear in the new game.

Original only expected to contain 170 vehicles, it appears that PCARS 2 will now rack up the numbers to 180 cars from nine disciplines of motorsport and 29 motorsport series.

Project CARS 2 is available to pre order now for all platforms and comes in tow different packages, Standard and Deluxe -

The Standard Edition includes:
  • The Full Game
Standard Edition is available for Xbox One (£49.99), PlayStation 4 (£49.99) and Windows PC (£44.99).

The Deluxe Edition Includes:
  • The Full Game
  • The Season Pass
  • The Motorsports Pack (Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44, Panoz Esperante GTR-1, Audi V8 DTM, Opel Astra TCR)
Deluxe Edition is available for Xbox One (£74.99), PlayStation 4 (£74.99) and Windows PC (£69.98).

The Cars:
View attachment 199910
View attachment 199912 View attachment 199913 View attachment 199914 View attachment 199915 View attachment 199916 View attachment 199917 View attachment 199918

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC 22nd September 2017.

The Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussion around this exciting new game from Slightly Mad Studios. Check out the sub forum, get involved in the discussion and join our community as we await release later this year!

What do you think of the car list reveal for Project CARS 2? Which cars are you particularly keen to try once the game is released? Any cars missing you would like to see added in future DLC offerings? Let us know in the comments section below!
Wow I actually found a 1988 RS500 ,
I only ever seen upto a D on a 87 before , must have been a few made in 88 , but used to go to the ford shows in the uk all the time and I never saw 1 / 88 car in all the times I went :D
Specially no rally version , maybe there is some road cars :)
i077872.jpg

another one here , I bet if you dig deep youll never see a 88 rally spec with no sunroof ,
I am curious to see anyone has some pics :)
3168764351_da0297b335.jpg

EDIT , /
I am just no convinced at all about any 1988 Group A rally car ,
Even on wiki it shows exactly how many was made , really bugging me .

Last edited:
Well, Lamborghini is kinda missing, and 1 Ferrari is not all that much either...2017 F1 car I would not mind. Other than that something for everyone. I do not mind cars from PCARS being in part 2 - it does not make them bad or unneeded in any way, and they have added quite a few new ones. The more cars the better. I do wonder about system requirements though.

Well, Lamborghini is kinda missing, and 1 Ferrari is not all that much either...2017 F1 car I would not mind. Other than that something for everyone. I do not mind cars from PCARS being in part 2 - it does not make them bad or unneeded in any way, and they have added quite a few new ones. The more cars the better. I do wonder about system requirements though.

That's the first thing i thought too...where is Lamborghini? In the very very first trailer there was a Lamborghini huracan gt3 passing by?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%