Fuji Speedway 1968

Tracks Fuji Speedway 1968 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
WilliamTRiker submitted a new resource:

Fuji Speedway 1968 - Classic Fuji Speedway, 3 layouts

1S4hKac.jpg

I give you Fuji Speedway 1968 track made originally by CY-33 and derDumeklemmer for GT Legends. Converted and improved for Assetto Corsa by me. This is my first track conversion/making experience.

TRACK FEATURES:

- 3 Layouts:
GP: Full classic track including the banking section
F1: Short layout used on mid 70s to host F1 Japanese...

Read more about this resource...

This is looking pretty good, always nice to have well made vintage tracks. However, if I'm allowed a little criticism, I feel like it's just a bit too bumpy in places. Is the road mesh final?

Edit: Hmm, gave Kunos' vintage Monza a try and that's even bumpier in the banked turns, though those are concrete slabs. I don't know anymore.

Last edited:
This is looking pretty good, always nice to have well made vintage tracks. However, if I'm allowed a little criticism, I feel like it's just a bit too bumpy in places. Is the road mesh final?

Edit: Hmm, gave Kunos' vintage Monza a try and that's even bumpier in the banked turns, though those are concrete slabs. I don't know anymore.

I haven't tried the track yet, but from what I've read in the past about the original Fuji circuit, and particularly the banking, it was quite bumpy. The turn itself was incredibly dangerous; partly because it was bumpy as hell, partly because the banking dropped down instead of rose up so the cars got very unsettled entering it, and partly because there was (at one point, anyways) no outer wall IIRC. Several people were killed in just a couple years on that banking because it was quite poorly designed and built.

If it's less bumpy than Monza, then I think it's probably alright - but like I said, I haven't driven the track, yet. Maybe tonight if I don't get stuck at the office late. :)

Really cool circuit, banking is :confused:

Road mesh seems great

shader settings seem such that anything not illuminated by the sun (e.g. everything in cloudy weather) are too dark, compare fuji vs nurburgring same time of day and weather with AE disabled:
Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_fuji68_17-6-117-8-42-27.jpg
Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_ks_nordschleife_17-6-117-8-40-58.jpg

also the mountain itself appears very burned white in the sun, where it looks fine in cloudy weather, so suspect shaders could be tweaked for that too.

some of these bushes look a bit oversaturated/luminous:
Screenshot_ks_lotus_72d_fuji68_17-6-117-9-2-2.jpg

edit: suggest replacing "original" tag with "historic"

"tags" : ["circuit","historic","Japan"],

Last edited:
Thank you guys, i'll take all this into consideration for the next update. CobraCat the tires are actually not clipping, this issue is caused by the tire groove texture that is placed some distance above the ground. Between the groove texture and the road texture the tire remains hidden. I placed it so high because when both textures are too close together, from distance it heavily flickers. The banking section looked awful because of this. I'll do my best to fix it for the next update.

Amazing track... thanks a lot! May i kindly ask you if the helmet pov is an external app or an in-game option i recently missed? also, the list of the cars as a vertical column on the left... same thing? thx very much

I just did a test lap and the track is really beautiful, a very well done work. However I did noted that some track textures (eg. skid marks) are fading/popping in some 30 meters in front of the car. This is especially visible while going downhill towards the right turn after the banked section.

Giando Fraschini the helmet app is called Visor X and Visor X Force, as to the vertical column, that's an AC feature, just press F9 to change the competitors listing style ;)
AleDaRimini, i am not sure i understand what you're describing, some footage would be great, thanks!

WilliamTRiker, here are some pictures of what I am seeing:

In picture 1 you can see that the roadside dirt texture near the brown bush seems to end some 40-50 meters in front of the car (red circle).

In picture 2 I went some 40-50 meters forward, next to the brown bush, and you can see that the roadside dirt texture is there. The bush in the blue circle is the one that was in the red circle in the previous picture. Again, the texture in the red circle zone, another 40-50 meters forward, seems to end unexpectedly.

The same problem happens with the skid marks textures, you can see it for yourself in the pictures 3 and 4. In picture 3 it seems there is absolutely nothing on the track, but going forward some 50 meters the skidmarks textures start to fade in, and actually there are plenty of them (picture 4).

Hope this helps! :)

Fuji1968_1.jpg
Fuji1968_2.jpg
Fuji1968_3.jpg
Fuji1968_4.jpg

WilliamTRiker thank you. This is only happening with this track but looking at your screenshots I agree that this is obviously some kind of incompatibility with some of my graphic settings. I will do some tests to find the culprit :)
Thank you again!

My brother just noticed that you (or your namesake) joined us last night running the F1's.
Hope we didn't crash you out too bad!
Love this track - with all cars...very nice bumps and skips in the track!

Last edited:
Hello,
When entering the pit lane, it is considered a cut.
667580201707182212401.jpg

At the exit of the pit lane, if one is positioned on the left, the application PitLanePenalty also considers a cut.
Exit ok
Exit bad
Thanks in advance and still sorry for my bad English
:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back