F1 2011 Fuel

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello to all. :) Here is the scenario.....
Fuel sim is enabled in Career (xbox) and I am doing a 40% race w/e. Then say, I set up with10 laps fuel for Qually.
Come Race time I am unable to regulate how much fuel is put in. How much fuel is put in car for a 60 lap race track? Is it 24 laps worth of fuel, (40% of 60) based on fuel mapping set on Standard mix the whole 24 laps?
And then it's up to me to use fuel mapping strategy...i.e. sometimes on rich, sometimes on standard, sometimes on lean?

And if Fuel Sim is OFF for the race w/e, am I always loaded with a full load of fuel in Qually and Race? i.e. 60 laps of fuel, even while only doing a 40% Race? (24 laps) Doing this, I am not able to change Fuel mapping in RACE, correct?

Do I have it right?

Well I have to say you are really splitting hairs now.
The fuel is used anyway to drive the car with or without KERS.

If there was no KERS it is dissipated as heat energy through braking IE thrown away.
With KERS it is harvested and re used.

So with the implementation of KERs there is absolutely no extra fuel usage above what was used without it.
Change in fuel use-Zero. ergo KERS uses no fuel.
The fuel is used to accelerate the car as normal, by the time KERS kicks in that is spent, a sunk cost, a given, a constant.
So I stand by my statement my friend.

and to focus the discussion on the question I was answering

"Thanks, Also.....KERS and DRS does not use any extra fuel does it? Seems that by using them you would burn LESS fuel, correct? You would get from point A to B faster w/o using any more fuel......correct? Many thanks"

True, very true, but I still think it's all very situational.
On short stretches KERS and DRS indeed let you reach a certain velocity sooner, so you use less fuel to reach a corner.
BUT on longer straights using DRS (let's agree that you'd use KERS anyway) might make you hit the rev limiter sooner and the engine uses A LOT of fuel at 18000 RPM. Without it you might not even reach the limit at all. It all basically depends on the gear setup.
I'm pretty sure Schumacher at Monza used a lot less fuel, than Hamilton when trying to keep up with him with DRS and hitting the rev limit halfway through the main straight :D

I think the best way to know for sure is to ask the people from one of the teams on facebook/twitter and hope someone answers :)

You will always be able to mount a counter argument based on some part of the track or some situation however globally less drag equals less fuel to pass through the air at the same speed.

And I disagree that Hamilton who was hitting the limiter through getting a tow from Schumacher was using more fuel. Schumacher spends the fuel to make the hole in the air and Hamilton passes through it with less resistiance therfore requiring less energy (fuel).The limiter BTW starves the engine of fuel but in that situation you can turn also down the mix.

Sounds like we will not agree so I will leave it there.

Speaking of the four forces of flight, the other day some idiot cut me off THREE TIMES in the span of a block. When he stopped at the next traffic light I THRUSTED my fist into his face, That gave him considerable LIFT at which point the cops DRAGGED me to the station where I now I sit and WEIGHT for bail. Maybe I should try the decaf.

As you have mentioned the four forces of flight, you could alternatively determine how long you would WEIGHT based on the GRAVITY of your offence .....

This leads me to consider how much THRUST you used, as this could effect your WEIGHT, sometimes known as the THRUST/WEIGHT ratio :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back