F1 2013 Fuel & Tyre Sim "On/Off" Option Non-existent

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
Hi all,

I posted this issue on the codies technical assistance forum to see if anyone else has encountered this problem, but so far, no one has.

Basically whats happening is that the Fuel and Tyre simulation options dont exist. So in races, i have no tyre wear, and a very light car with no fuel consumption.
I cannot change the fuel mixture settings in the garage, or on track.
2013-10-04_00002.jpg

2013-10-04_00004.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And when I want to see the % of tyre life left on a set of tyres when in the garage, it only lets me select the compound of tyre, it doesn't let me select a specific set.

2013-10-04_00003.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I go into the difficulty settings, there's no option to turn the tyre and fuel sim on or off. In fact the tyre and fuel sim isn't even listed.
2013-10-04_00001.jpg

I'm playing on PC and have got all assists and aids turned off. If anyone has had this problem, it would be nice to know that i'm not the only person in the entire world with this issue. I don't necessarily need a solution (although that would be nice), as this seems like the type of problem that only a patch from CM can fix. But I just need recognition that someone else out that has had this problem. :)

Last edited:
Did this ever get patched in F12012? I started a career and noticed the missing options, is it worth waiting to see if they fix it or is that how its going to be in career? I feel like i'm missing out on something because they are not there.

Did this ever get patched in F12012? I started a career and noticed the missing options, is it worth waiting to see if they fix it or is that how its going to be in career? I feel like i'm missing out on something because they are not there.
It wasn't an issue in 2012, unless you mean 2013.

But there has been several work arounds in this thread. Just have a read through and you should find a couple. :)

The one that worked for me was creating a new profile and starting the young driver test from Day 1 rather than Day 2.

It wasn't an issue in 2012, unless you mean 2013.

But there has been several work arounds in this thread. Just have a read through and you should find a couple. :)

The one that worked for me was creating a new profile and starting the young driver test from Day 1 rather than Day 2.

Thanks for the reply, sorry thought it was an issue in F12012 as well on PC. I have tried the other fixes i guess it means start a new profile and start again on a day one YDT and see if that works. Do your settings sound, controller etc get reset as well when you play with a different profile?

Thanks to sparrow :), i restarted the whole game re did the YDT day 1 and day 2 and i can now play the game how its meant to be played in career/grand prix. Lost all my previous work but never mind just glad i can now have tyre wear and fuel consumption!

Hi all,

I posted this issue on the codies technical assistance forum to see if anyone else has encountered this problem, but so far, no one has.

Basically whats happening is that the Fuel and Tyre simulation options dont exist. So in races, i have no tyre wear, and a very light car with no fuel consumption.
I cannot change the fuel mixture settings in the garage, or on track.
View attachment 42681

View attachment 42682

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And when I want to see the % of tyre life left on a set of tyres when in the garage, it only lets me select the compound of tyre, it doesn't let me select a specific set.

View attachment 42683

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I go into the difficulty settings, there's no option to turn the tyre and fuel sim on or off. In fact the tyre and fuel sim isn't even listed.
View attachment 42680

I'm playing on PC and have got all assists and aids turned off. If anyone has had this problem, it would be nice to know that i'm not the only person in the entire world with this issue. I don't necessarily need a solution (although that would be nice), as this seems like the type of problem that only a patch from CM can fix. But I just need recognition that someone else out that has had this problem. :)
ive just getting the problem didnt have it yesterday and wen i loaded the game up today i went onto difficiuty for some reason and every thing was set on amerture wen i didnt have it on that then went to garage and i have the same prob i dont get how i had it then it just goes

Actually turning it on and off is not an option this year.

There was a bug that didn't enable the fuel and tyre sim, so that you couldn't select tyres or fuel mix from the quick menu. It was something to do with how you did the the Young Driver's test i.e what you selected, and whether you had F1 2012 (you could skip day one if you had F1 2012)

Anyway ...... switching the game to Legend level, then adding the aids etc. to reduce the effective 'level' to what you want, seemed to mostly re-enable the fuel and tyres for most of those who had the problem.

We play online, split-screen when he visits and I used to play career mode with sims off so he could compare.

Just noticed the minimum race distance on career mode is 25% too. So you can't even shorten the race to cancel out the tyre/fuel sim.

Getting rid of this crap ASAP

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years