1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel & Tyre Sim "On/Off" Option Non-existent

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by Chris Stacey, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Hi all,

I posted this issue on the codies technical assistance forum to see if anyone else has encountered this problem, but so far, no one has.

Basically whats happening is that the Fuel and Tyre simulation options dont exist. So in races, i have no tyre wear, and a very light car with no fuel consumption.
    I cannot change the fuel mixture settings in the garage, or on track.
    2013-10-04_00002.jpg

2013-10-04_00004.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And when I want to see the % of tyre life left on a set of tyres when in the garage, it only lets me select the compound of tyre, it doesn't let me select a specific set.

2013-10-04_00003.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When I go into the difficulty settings, there's no option to turn the tyre and fuel sim on or off. In fact the tyre and fuel sim isn't even listed.
    2013-10-04_00001.jpg

I'm playing on PC and have got all assists and aids turned off. If anyone has had this problem, it would be nice to know that i'm not the only person in the entire world with this issue. I don't necessarily need a solution (although that would be nice), as this seems like the type of problem that only a patch from CM can fix. But I just need recognition that someone else out that has had this problem. :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  2. I also have this problem.

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. There is an update already; solved some problems. No tyre or fuel sim option in menu same as F1 2012.

4. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

Yeah, i've got the update, not entirely sure what it fixed, but it didn't fix this.

5. I didn't see an update.

6. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

It should automatically update through steam, if you're not playing in "offline mode".

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was an update, because something downloaded. :O_o:

7. This is not a problem. These options didn't exist in F1 2012 either because fuel/tyre sim cannot be turned off. The reason you can't see tyre life is because you are in a race where pitting is not mandatory.

8. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

I realise that they were not an option to turn off or on in 2012, but I've done 100% race distances, and experienced no tire wear, and no fuel consumption. I completed an entire silverstone GP on a single set of the options. And they weren't worn.

Yes, this absolutely is a bug.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Here's my settings:
    [​IMG]
    And in a 100% race:
    [​IMG]

10. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

Exactly the same for me. :\

11. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

There has been no announcement over at Codemasters, are you sure about this?

12. My exe file was updated brfore I could play the game the second time: date and time stamp is more than 4 hrs from the rest. Guess those who activated their games later may already have the updated file.

13. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Fair enough ..... wouldn't surprise me if CM sneaked a little fix out, mainly to avoid any forum kerfuffle :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fix with this :

Parc fermé = OFF

• Like Like x 3
  15. Tal

Tal
    Premium Member

I figured out a workaround:

Start a new profile, when the game asks you if you want to skip to day two on the YDT (if you have f1 2012), go to day one. You should now have the missing options. Both in career and regular grand prix mod.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sun Levi

Sun Levi
    Premium Member

Turning Parc ferme off fixed it for me! :)

17. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Wicked! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

Mine was fixed sparrow560's method. Works great! Just had the best race at Korea. Most thrilling 55 laps of any racing game I've ever played

19. I have got this problem aswell

20. Not sure if this is the same as i'm on the Xbox but I couldn't find anywhere to turn on tyre scaling \ fuel sim so it sounds similar. Does this method require you to redo the YDT?