F1 2013 Fuel & Tyre Sim "On/Off" Option Non-existent

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
Hi all,

I posted this issue on the codies technical assistance forum to see if anyone else has encountered this problem, but so far, no one has.

Basically whats happening is that the Fuel and Tyre simulation options dont exist. So in races, i have no tyre wear, and a very light car with no fuel consumption.
I cannot change the fuel mixture settings in the garage, or on track.
2013-10-04_00002.jpg

2013-10-04_00004.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And when I want to see the % of tyre life left on a set of tyres when in the garage, it only lets me select the compound of tyre, it doesn't let me select a specific set.

2013-10-04_00003.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I go into the difficulty settings, there's no option to turn the tyre and fuel sim on or off. In fact the tyre and fuel sim isn't even listed.
2013-10-04_00001.jpg

I'm playing on PC and have got all assists and aids turned off. If anyone has had this problem, it would be nice to know that i'm not the only person in the entire world with this issue. I don't necessarily need a solution (although that would be nice), as this seems like the type of problem that only a patch from CM can fix. But I just need recognition that someone else out that has had this problem. :)

Last edited:
Hi all,

I posted this issue on the codies technical assistance forum to see if anyone else has encountered this problem, but so far, no one has.

Basically whats happening is that the Fuel and Tyre simulation options dont exist. So in races, i have no tyre wear, and a very light car with no fuel consumption.
I cannot change the fuel mixture settings in the garage, or on track.
View attachment 42681

View attachment 42682

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And when I want to see the % of tyre life left on a set of tyres when in the garage, it only lets me select the compound of tyre, it doesn't let me select a specific set.

View attachment 42683

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I go into the difficulty settings, there's no option to turn the tyre and fuel sim on or off. In fact the tyre and fuel sim isn't even listed.
View attachment 42680

I'm playing on PC and have got all assists and aids turned off. If anyone has had this problem, it would be nice to know that i'm not the only person in the entire world with this issue. I don't necessarily need a solution (although that would be nice), as this seems like the type of problem that only a patch from CM can fix. But I just need recognition that someone else out that has had this problem. :)

This is not a problem. These options didn't exist in F1 2012 either because fuel/tyre sim cannot be turned off. The reason you can't see tyre life is because you are in a race where pitting is not mandatory.

This is not a problem. These options didn't exist in F1 2012 either because fuel/tyre sim cannot be turned off. The reason you can't see tyre life is because you are in a race where pitting is not mandatory.

I realise that they were not an option to turn off or on in 2012, but I've done 100% race distances, and experienced no tire wear, and no fuel consumption. I completed an entire silverstone GP on a single set of the options. And they weren't worn.

Yes, this absolutely is a bug.

Last edited:
I figured out a workaround:

Start a new profile, when the game asks you if you want to skip to day two on the YDT (if you have f1 2012), go to day one. You should now have the missing options. Both in career and regular grand prix mod.

I figured out a workaround:

Start a new profile, when the game asks you if you want to skip to day two on the YDT (if you have f1 2012), go to day one. You should now have the missing options. Both in career and regular grand prix mod.
Not sure if this is the same as i'm on the Xbox but I couldn't find anywhere to turn on tyre scaling \ fuel sim so it sounds similar. Does this method require you to redo the YDT?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back