• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Fuel calculation: How?

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Bahger, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Bahger

Bahger

Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry for yet another novice question but I'm a quick study.

I notice that, no matter how much fuel I put in the car, the fuel/distance guage readout in the cockpit HUD reads "n/a". And I do not seem to run out; when loading 2.5 gallons for quals at Interlagos, I'm pretty sure I ran at least 5 laps with no fuel low warning. I am running all "realism"-type options at the highest settings so I'm a bit baffled by what seems to be automated fuel loading.

As usual, I might be missing something simple but I do not see any option for fuel load/calculation (apart from the metric/imperial choice) and I need to figure out fuel loads for a race, i.e. 40 laps in the F3 at Interlagos. Can anyone help? Many thanks.

2. Tommy Nilsson

Tommy Nilsson

Ratings:
    +34
    download xd plugin for the game you are driving

3. Bahger

Bahger

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you.

Can you confirm that this works with GSC2012?

Also, is there really no way, without third-party plugins, to assess fuel quantity needed for a race?? I'd happily do the math if I had the necessary variables.

4. Niels_at_home

Niels_at_home
    Reiza Studios

Ratings:
    +313
    When you see n/a, you probably have turned fuel consumption off. It is in the options menu, but on top of my head I don't recall in which of the sub menus.. There is a menu where you can set fuel consumption, tire wear etc, it can't be difficult to find. :)

5. Bahger

Bahger

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks, Niels. I promise I did look for a fuel consumption option but missed it. I will go at it again. Thanks.

Edit: I don't see this option anywhere. Not under Options/Difficulty or Options/Rules. It feels odd to be running quals without the ability to determine fuel quantity tactically. I'm sure you're right but I just can't find it.

6. oppolo

oppolo

Ratings:
    +31
    option>rules>ethanol usage

anyway, setup calculate for you how much laps you can do with a certain amount of fuel, if the race is "time long" you have to calculate more o less, better more, how much laps you can do in, for example, 40 minutes and set the amount of fule conseguentely

7. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +598
    Yes it works fine for me, it is where oppolo says - options/rules/ethanol usage, from the main menu.
    Then in the car, you can scroll through the HUD screens and one of them shows fuel remaining and projected laps. I must say I have never found it very accurate, and rFDynHUD is much more so. It recalculates as you drive to give a pretty good fuel consumption and prediction figure. I am not sure if the default one does this.

8. Bahger

Bahger

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks so much, guys. I must confess, I saw that "Ethanol Usage" tab but assumed it was about the boost. I apologise for letting it pass me by but you have to admit, it's not a very helpful title, given its true function in the sim!