1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU FTrucks @ Jacarepagua 2005 - Fri 5 December 2014

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Nox, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Track: Jacarepagua 2005

Please sign up nice and early as it encourages others to sign up, and we are then more likely to get a good grid. We don't get to use the trucks very often, so don't miss this opportunity! Honk honk mother truckers! If you sign up, please try your best to be present at the event.

Race 1
    19:00 GMT
    Qualifying: 19:10 GMT
    Warm up: 19:20 GMT (3 minutes)
    Race 1: 19:25 GMT (20 minutes)

Leave the server and take a different truck for race 2!

Race 2
    20:00 GMT
    Qualifying: 20:10 GMT
    Warm up: 20:20 GMT (3 minutes)
    Race 2 : 20:25 GMT (20 minutes)

You can join for any number of races, or join in for just a single race. Please indicate which races you'll attend when you sign up.

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and the person will receive a notification.

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit!

Assists will be available. I'd rather we cater for all driver skill levels and have a larger grid, where more people can enjoy the event. After all, this is the club, not a league, and no one forces you to use them. It is an option.

If in the races you need to pit, see the PIT STOP GUIDE.

Please tag me @@Andrew James so I don't miss your sign up. Let's see if we can revive the Formula Trucks club a bit!

1. Andrew James
    2. Claudio Gandolfi
    3. Jarek Kostowski
    4. Christopher Hall-Nelson
    5. Julian Dietz
    6. Srinath Sundareswaran
    7. Dion Vais
    8. Andreas Scholz
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  2. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

Work on Friday nights now :cry:
  3. Claudio Gandolfi

Claudio Gandolfi
    Pheripheral consumer Premium Member

I'm in ;)
  4. Quas

Staff Premium Member

Me too, please.
  5. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Sign me in please.
  6. Jim van Sickle

Jim van Sickle
    Sit down, Shut up & Hang on for the ride!

Hey guys, Jim here. Just gettin into car sim & checkin out "Formula Truck 2013". I have a class A driver's lic & really dig anything w/ a diesel engine. Lots of black smoke & turbo whine even better. Soooo, just ordered all of my gear & depending upon it's arrival date I'm just sittin in the stands for the time bein.

How do you edit "status" on your personal page?
  7. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Hi Jim, you just write something in the box. In the meantime why not apply for your racing license so you can join our club events once your gear arrives. Start here.
  8. Jim van Sickle

Jim van Sickle

I was just approved :). I just wanted to "delete" what I had written in the "status" box NOT add to??
  9. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Shall I sign you in to this race? And welcome!

Not sure how to do that status thing, sorry, it's not something I use.
  10. Jim van Sickle

Jim van Sickle

Oh please would you? Let me know how I can sit in the stands & just spectate on this one. Thanks, Jim
  11. Nox

Staff Premium Member

To spectate, click multiplayer, then options at the top. There, put "Spectate" to yes/on and then you can join a server as a spectator.
  12. Jim van Sickle

Jim van Sickle

Awesome, thanks for looking into this for me. I'll be rooting for the "underdogs" :)
  13. This is interesting, I will post closer to the event when I can guarantee I'll be home for that :).
  14. Nox

Staff Premium Member

15. pls sign me up
  16. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Server is up.

I'm worried we have such a small grid, please tag people you know who own FTrucks. No idea why it's so hard to get people to race these, they are brilliant.
  17. Sri Sri

Sri Sri
    Premium Member

sign me up
  18. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Can some people share their set-ups please (if you have them yet)? Any trucks will do. Would also appreciate some ideas on how to make the trucks turn in a bit better. My other problem is the back end kicking out and wobbling under braking. I'm no good at set ups, so tips appreciated.. Thanks all!
  19. I will try to be there!
  20. Jyri Kettunen

Jyri Kettunen
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Happened to check this thread, and although I don't own the game, same tuning principles should apply, so here's my advice: For wobbly back end, reduce Coast% (stiffens the rear) and/or move break bias more to the front. For better turn in, increase negative front Toe-in (ie. more negative). Hope this helps.
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1