1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

FSR Winter Series Announcement

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Johannes Kunkel, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As I already promised a few weeks back we are going to run a 6-race Winter series as a preparation towards the season and to test out rFactor 2 to the max.

So without any further talk, here are the key Informations for the Winter series.

Entry fee: Free for all

Prizes:
    - The overall winner of the championship will win a free drivers license for the 2013 season.
    - All drivers who participated in all 6 races will have the chance to win another free drivers license for the 2013 season.

Mod used: Formula Renault 3.5

Setups will be locked to default with the options to adjust steeringlock, brake pressure and bias, fuel, tire compound and frontwing

Dates:
    Saturday 19.01. Estoril
    Saturday 26.01. Malaysia
    Saturday 02.02. Lime Rock
    Saturday 09.02. Long Beach
    Saturday 16.02. Sebring
    Saturday 23.02. Mid Ohio

Schedule:
    Depending on the attendance we will run up to 2 grids, to give everyone the chance to participate. With more then 36 drivers allocated as confirmed a Grid 2 race will be organized.

Saturday, 16:15 GMT: Server opens for PQ 1
    Saturday, 16:25 GMT: Pre-Qualifying Group 1
    Saturday, 16:40 GMT: Server opens for PQ 2
    Saturday, 16:45 GMT: Pre-Qualifying Group 2
    Saturday, 17:00 GMT: Server opens for PQ 3
    Saturday, 17:05 GMT: Pre-Qualifying Group 3
    Saturday, 17:20 GMT: G1 Practice
    Saturday, 17:35 GMT: G1 Qualifying 15min
    Saturday, 17:50 GMT: G1 Warmup
    Saturday, 18:00 GMT: G1 Race 60min

Saturday, 19:20 GMT: G2 Practice
    Saturday, 19:35 GMT: G2 Qualifying 15min
    Saturday, 19:50 GMT: G2 Warmup
    Saturday, 20:00 GMT: G2 Race 60min

Rules:
    The same rules as in 2012 do apply, however since this is meant to be a fun season as well we expect everyone to be fair on track, and we will exclude drivers who don´t act accordingly.

Registrations:
    Registrations will open in a few days.

rFactor 2:
    As this Winter series is also meant to find out if rFactor 2 is fully ready for our needs we have set the deadline for the final decision for the 07.02. before the 4th race. The winter series will be continued whatever the result of this decision will be.

More Information will be added as soon as possible.

• Like Like x 12
  2. Tume

Tume
    The unlucky Finn

Makes me want to buy rF2 :D

3. Will all the races be in the dry?

4. as we want to test the game to it´s max, no, but which races under which conditions isn´t decided yet, the first race will definitely be dry though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm not a FSR driver... but I could race this Winter Series? Sorry for the oversight, but sometimes I have to struggle with English and I do not catch everything.

I'm interested to participate here, maybe in the future I will join FSR (If I have enough level)... I left rF1, but I'm playing rF2 since the releasing day.

6. It isn't confirmed by the op, but I guess it will be open for everybody.

No lo ha confirmado en el post inicial, pero me imagino que sera un evento abierto para todo el que quiera participar.

• Like Like x 1
  7. If you guys want some commentary for these races, I'd be happy to offer my services. I may have to do it via RRDViewer, but still I'd be happy to do it :)

8. Sami Pesari

Sami Pesari
    Premium Member

i had allready forget about simracing and then facebook o mighty noted me about this event :thumbsup:

9. Tume

Tume
    The unlucky Finn

Indeed, haven't seen you for ages! :O_o:

10. Two questions:
    • What build of rF2 will we be using? (I guess we all have to be the same? (Don't know:laugh:))
    • Will there be a server to practice on or will it only be up for the races?

11. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Nice, i hope it works out well with the new game.

12. Tume

Tume
    The unlucky Finn

Btw when will the team applications open for FSR 2013?

13. Sometime after the Winter Series.

14. What will be the allowed aids for winter series.

15. I think even those that needed ABS and TC with the FSR 2012 Mod should be able to drive this car without it. (I´m not even sure if anyone used ABS and TC in FSR)

So only Auto Clutch, unless several people request to use the WT aids.

16. i wanna join:) where do i sign up?

17. Can you join Mid Season? as I am getting a new computer maybe after race 3. If so, I want to join. :)

18. I'll be home at the 18th from Thailand and i would be interested to join but my chances to get online here are very limited. I hope some one somehow can register me in as i cant find a way to do it here.. :)

19. Will there be a broadcast?

20. I am There:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.