FSR Winter Series 2015 Announced - Enter Now

I did a couple of laps at Istanbul today and the track is just awful. I'd much rather race even on Estoril than here. The only smooth part is T8 and at some corners the bumps are so bad that I could swear the car leaves the ground.

I did a couple of laps at Istanbul today and the track is just awful. I'd much rather race even on Estoril than here. The only smooth part is T8 and at some corners the bumps are so bad that I could swear the car leaves the ground.
same thing i immediately reported, you are just a passenger on the bumps and have no control whatsoever until the car lands on its wheels :p, something fundamentally not right.

I did some laps also this afternoon and even the bumps are pretty heavy (to the point that it's hard to see the apex sometimes) i think you can get used to it. Just another challenge :)

Hi, i don't know why, in Barcelona result where i scored 1pts result, i'm showing as "WarriorWip" and also in the standing. My GPCOS and in game name isn't that. I have always play as Geoffrey Fournier. I don't understand. And when i click on it, it said me i ran in fsr 2009, 2010... etc. But this is my first ever FSR league.

When there is 5 meter gaps in track mesh at middle of corner apex (see image), car reacts same as driving on a road made of 5x5m brick stones. Result isn't very good when you combine tracks using year 2002 tech with 400 Hz FFB engine of 2015.

Attachments

• Gap.PNG
    Gap.PNG
    113 KB · Views: 328
I would assume flat tracks will work best with this car. Hungary was mostly flat. Spain and France (and Turkey) not so much.

Sochi, Long Beach, Yas Marina, etc. would be best IMO.

I can say from the RaceDepartment FR 3.5 league at Spa it was a disaster in these cars. Mainly because the curbs were like they had water on them. If you touched them with your front wheels it would send the car spinning. Although Spa is a great track, it is something to think about; if someone is leading or on a good qualifying lap and that happens then it would be a disaster for both the driver and the broadcast. Something to be thought about carefully and it needs to be tested thoroughly with these cars.

I can say from the RaceDepartment FR 3.5 league at Spa it was a disaster in these cars. Mainly because the curbs were like they had water on them. If you touched them with your front wheels it would send the car spinning. Although Spa is a great track, it is something to think about; if someone is leading or on a good qualifying lap and that happens then it would be a disaster for both the driver and the broadcast. Something to be thought about carefully and it needs to be tested thoroughly with these cars.
James,
I'm going to be a pest but....
In the interests of accuracy and with respect I have to disagree certainly as regards the reference to the RaceDepartment FR 3.5 league at Spa being a disaster.
There was much fretting beforehand about lack of grip on kerbs from a couple of drivers but it was a good race (Two races actually, one 45 mins and one 30 mins). Aside from an unfortunate penalty you drove well and completed. One driver had an incident when he completely misjudged Eua Rouge and flew into the wall at the apex of Radillon. There were no concerns voiced afterwards about the track or issues with kerbs.

Full race report here

Also it was not the FSR track. It was the original RRfactor track complete with bumpy Eau Rouge. I understand that the FSR "final" version was based on the same track but simply had the bumps in Eau Rouge smoothed.

I agree with you that testing is important and maybe a test race on the "Spafix" version would do the job.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I might be interested to do this last race (at least go the reserve list). But can I ask, where can I find the setup to be used as I want to have some practice. Also the mod on page one the file is no longer available is it just the latest rfactor 2 fr 3.5 mod? thanks

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%