FSR Situation: Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I will only list one aspect as I think it could have a positive effect on many "points" I read above.
In my opinion we have to improve a lot our marketing strategy and use winter to put down a number of activities in that sector. We need to become more interesting for potential sponsors and, considering the numbers are not on our side at the moment, we can only do it using quality standards (which might convince a sponsor to "invest" on us).
The benefits of a better known league with more investment power (more prize money, random prizes, etc), would surely have a positive impact on many aspects we would need during season (attracting new teams, reward for volunteers etc).
Trying to make it short, yeah, I will say a good marketing activity would be crucial imho.

- Brutal lack of Media-presentative. TOA/ISR should invest in FSR and make some kind of advertbaners on famous F1-related sites. (good 1 was Parisis in Hockenheim --> managed to be posted on wtf1.co.uk :D),

- Get more official Sponsors. Trustmaster is good but why not try to get Logitech or sth like that too

- better Livestream on twitch.tv, because Germans arent allowed to see Livestreams on Youtube (forbidden for some reason... so no German can watch it unless he knows some plugins / proxy's which most of the ppl dont)

- too much Alliances in FSR. Rules should prevent this. Maybe point deduction for Multi 21's (replays provide info whether someone left foot of the gas or breaked too early or made some stupid ****)

- new tires. Races of Pro/Ace have always been boring with 1 stopp: suggestion: (1. tires weaker and sprintrace 25% (so its possible without stopping) / 2. keep tires and lengthen feature Race to 70%)

- no Live-Racers-Livetiming (would be a very good feature)

Last edited:
1, All sister teams driving for each other
2, let the director direct..no pen overturns
3, some sort of website frontpage with points tables news writeups
4, clued up and interesting commentators...r12 ace com is the best to listen to by far
5, enable chat on live races
6, highlight vids for the 3 series

that ok kriss

Last edited:
- More races
- More videos
- More admins
- More deadlines
- More websites
- More news
- Screw TOA (=WC teamowners owning ISR Club), let drivers decide all

On a realistic note:

- Find a more marketing-oriented person as president/VP. Still slim chance of getting any new big sponsors, but some more effort can surely be made on that front
- Try to reach agreement with existing WC teamowners to remove some of their power (will be difficult...)
- Find 3 or 4 key people to run league, each with key responsibilities (e.g. president, technical, media, sporting)
- Force each team (at least WC teams) to assign one person to help league. Make sure people who promises to help in November be present next summer as well (again difficult...)
- Improve recruit threads so somehow more people say yes to helping FSR :rolleyes:

Solving some of the points from above:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/toflds0uhhhlofp/2014-10-08_19-22-47.png?dl=0

Download to be able to read it. Don't search for anything detailed in this. It is just a brainstorming result, general concept of how the league should be transformed and managed.

Specify admin roles and responsibilities, remove (merge) useless roles, split responsibilities and tasks. Involve non WC teams in TOA and allow them to vote, remove inactive teams and take away their licenses.

By splitting responsibilities, it allows Sporting Director to focus on the racing part, work TOGETHER with, not against TOA, work with directors, functions as 1 of the COA judges to assure long term functionality of coa and assure other judges are aware of something like FSR rules.
Technical Director takes care of the technical side of things - server, track dev, website, mod dev, update. President oversees the whole process of his directors, but focuses on the bigger picture - marketing, promotion etc. All self explanatory in the file.

Adjustments in voting, elections. Involving the whole league, finally making everything transparent which all presidents (not only because of their own fault) failed to do. Read the rest in Programme in the file

As Saxen said, applying something like this is nearly impossible, so there are 2 big IFs:
1) lack of interest from license owners to change anything = league dies
2) lack of admins/people with experience, knowledge, commitment and motivation to contribute = should these people not be found, league dies

-More viewers = More publicy = more Interest = More sponsors = More money = More profesional = more drivers = more viewers again = more money etc.
What i want to say is: We just have to find Peoples over the world who have interest. In my Opinion the top ten of Wc, are as fast or even faster than the real world championship f1 drivers. We have to let people understand that, and soon they don't care anymore if it's simracing. Aslong they know that here are driving the fastest drivers of this World. Fsr Is a league which is very small. Still every simracing league even from different Simracingames knows fsr. Just simply because the skill level is so damn high. So yeah. I think Marketing is the number 1 thing we have to do currently.

Oh and second: REAR SUSPENSION SPRINGERS :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years