1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

FSR 2015 Winter Series Round 3

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Kris Cobb, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Kris Cobb

Kris Cobb
    Avid Chronic Racing | Team Principal

Welcome to Round 3 of the Formula SimRacing 2015 Winter Series. This round we go to the Hungaroring in eastern Europe. The car is reportedly better to drive here and should have some great action.

Race Information:
    Circuit: Hungaroring (Download)
    Laps: 28
    Mod: Formula Renault 3.5 2014 (ISI)

Server Setup:
    Setup: Fixed
    Weather: Dry, with variable Temperatures and wind speed and direction
    I will use this link to set weather: http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.35.12839

Times:
    Sunday, 16:05 GMT: Server opens for Practice
    Sunday, 16:15 GMT: Pre-Qualifying
    Sunday, 16:35 GMT: Qualifying (2x 10 Minute Sessions, field split into 2 groups, NOT F1 Style!)
    Sunday, 16:50 GMT: Warmup
    Sunday, 17:00 GMT: Grid 1 Race Start
    Sunday, 18:10 GMT: Grid 2 Race Start
    If less than 28 Drivers allocate, 16:05 GMT will start a 30 Minute Practice session.

Allocations:
    http://gpcos.formula-simracing.net/
    The following drivers have allocated for the race:
    I do not have access to GPCOS so if you want to race (and there is room) and GPCOS does not work for you please post in this thread!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  2. James Sadler

James Sadler
    GhostSpeed Racing Manager Premium Member

FSR Winter Series 2015 Round 3, Hungary, Live Broadcast:

• Like Like x 6
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. I sent a request on gpcos just now.

4. i wanna participate!

5. Goran you must allocate on GPCOS and have signed up on thread previously

6. I do not have access to GPCOS so if you want to race (and there is room) and GPCOS does not work for you please post in this thread!

7. Oops my bad :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. throttle failure... apparently i was driving every session wondering why i was so slow... then in the race i saw people flying by me at the start, then i knew what went wrong.. apparently i was driving with only 60% of the throttle in all sessions... how i didnt recognize that is beyond me.........

9. James Sadler

James Sadler
    GhostSpeed Racing Manager Premium Member

10. Kris Cobb

Kris Cobb

• Like Like x 1
  11. I am so so sorry Sander. You must be so pissed off. That was the most amateur thing I've ever done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Martin Bulgin

Martin Bulgin
    Premium Member

Thanks to the organizers for tonights race, I had an incredibly lonely race after the first 2 or 3 laps right up until the last lap when after letting the leaders by one of them spun at turn 1 and gave me a tap but no harm was done, in those early laps some one spun ahead of me after the chicane and I went off avoiding him and I think it was Teemu who I collected, sorry mate there was nothing I could do, I'm happy finishing 10th and getting a point :)

• Like Like x 4
  13. Kris Cobb

Kris Cobb

14. No problem I don't think we even touched or if we did I had lost the control already, I had damage from lap 1 as I had contact with Leitner when his car bounced back to the track after hitting the wall and I also had contact with Asad who spun ahead of us (I was already avoiding him but then he moved straight in front of me) and I lost the control on the next corner because of the suspension damage.

• Like Like x 2
  15. kriss can you also update the gpcos races
    race 2 and 3?
    so we know the standings etc?

16. Kris Cobb

Kris Cobb

I don't have access. Sorry Patrick.

17. The only way for you to loose the title is when I win and you finish 7th or lower. I'm 18 pts behind Jim is 28 so he's out. So congrats on the title :)

18. uneverknow Kuba ;)

19. Lap 1 pretty much ended my race with suspension damage, Eugene spun on one of the fastest corners. David ended up with a nice look at the floor of my car :p

[​IMG]

In battles my car wouldn't stay straight so kept going on grass. Letting people through was hell because by midway through or there abouts my tyres were suffering on one side. Then I had to let multiple cars so sorry I was moving really awkwardly. Tried to get back on track but cars behind so much more speed so I just thought "f*ck it" and went into the wall :D I would've gained maximum 1 more place as a result of others DNFing so I achieved pretty much the maximum with that damage. Now I have some time to practice for Istanbul so fingers crossed.

P.S. Apologies to David for that incident at turn 1 :p

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 2
  20. Jim has 43 points you have 47 points so i only have 18 points ahead i need to be 6th if i am 7th you still have title when you win so top 3 still has all chances