FSR 2015 Calendar

About agression, I meant it for both "sides". But well, agressive question doesn't mean the answer needs to be agressive too, extra friendly answer is the best comeback :)

Yeah we should come up with that earlier (well I didn't notice it untill a week ago oops), but therefore no proposal about moving round 1 this year came from me, I only asked for it to be considered more in the future. Also I'll race anyway, fortunately the times just came together nicely for the sunday.

Well, we want to both race and celebrate holidays, and I think our reasons are objective enough that it's allright to propose avoiding the most important holidays when planning calendars in the future. And it's understandable that if I am a christian, I'm going to propose avoiding racing on my biggest holiday of the year. If there's someone from any other culture that wants to avoid his big holiday, he's got every right to propose that.
I have your right, community have their own. In my opinion, community's right is more important than an single egoistic position.

Of course community consists of individuals, each having their opininon.
I don't think I'm egoistic, I just proposed a solution that I think would make things slightly better for community as whole, and a lot better for me and some other people. But if the solution makes things worse for more other people, I accept that and move on.
But till now in the topic, if we emit the emotion, empty words and ad hominem arguments, we've got some solid reasons to avoid racing on the major holidays in the future (next season etc).

I think planning around the "major" holidays next season would be fine, but Ben only comes in a week before the season starts to voice his opinion about the subject and was the only person to even mention it.

And yet you say it's a good idea for next season :)

Obviously too late to change now.
Yeah, for next season I assume it would be fine to work around major holidays, but when no one speaks up about it how is the board meant to know people aren't happy about it?

Yeah it is to late this season so how about next time Ben, don't wait a week before the race to state your opinion, that's just stupid. State it when the calendar is released.

Yeah, for next season I assume it would be fine to work around major holidays, but when no one speaks up about it how is the board meant to know people aren't happy about it?

Yeah it is to late this season so how about next time Ben, don't wait a week before the race to state your opinion, that's just stupid. State it when the calendar is released.

I just checked the calendar this week

Why does it matter when I checked the calendar. Has absolutely no relevancy to the point of discussion.
Well Ben, This is not a personal attack but I'm sorry, with respect you cant look at something weeks after its been made public and talk then about bad planning.
When it was tabled was the moment to query it. It may not have changed but that was the time to do it.

The race is this weekend, its just too late to ask for change.
I looked at it weeks ago, had the necessary discussions with my family and made the neccessary plans.

The admins have a huge job trying to keep the majority happy. Everyone it seems will never be happy, its apparently just a rule of sim-racing leagues.

Well Ben, This is not a personal attack but I'm sorry, with respect you cant look at something weeks after its been made public and talk then about bad planning.
When it was tabled was the moment to query it. It may not have changed but that was the time to do it.

The race is this weekend, its just too late to ask for change.
I looked at it weeks ago, had the necessary discussions with my family and made the neccessary plans.

The admins have a huge job trying to keep the majority happy. Everyone it seems will never be happy, its apparently just a rule of sim-racing leagues.

I'm not saying it should be changed literally from the beginning just saying not considering major holidays is indeed a reflection of bad planning.

I'm not saying it should be changed literally from the beginning just saying not considering major holidays is indeed a reflection of bad planning.

Ben you can stick to your guns if you want but if you are going to accuse people of bad planning you need to do it when plans are made public not 3-4 weeks later.
As if you do you look like the bad planner!

Sorry Georg I hit the button as you did. I will stop now, I promise.

Are we still doing this?

There are more important threads to be given attention.

The Calendar is not up for debate now. It will not be changed. This stops the debate.

Lets not start handing out warnings prior to the season start.

Ben you can stick to your guns if you want but if you are going to accuse people of bad planning you need to do it when plans are made public not 3-4 weeks later.
As if you do you look like the bad planner!

Honestly that has no relevance, as an example no one criticised the 9/11 memorial when it was being built now years later, now that it is built naysayers are coming out the woodwork to say it was a waste of taxpayer dollars. Same with the Korean GP.

I dont get how this makes me a bad planner for stating my opinion much in the same way the Korean GP detractors aren't critisized for not speaking up sooner. It's not my responsibility to organise a sim racing league as efficiently as possible, do enough of that at the day job, thanks!

Do you know what? We dont get paied as well for organising a sim racing league and we have daytime jobs as well... We one and only do it for the community. Sometimes its hard if you only get criticized and never hear a compliment.

Guys we cannot reschedule because of each holiday unfortunately. Muhammed Patel for instance has put up with the fact that most years there has been a race he has had to miss because of his beliefs. This is not ideal but unfortunately this happens. I believe there is a race weekend I miss this year due to being absent due to a religious convention. These things happen and no one is treated preferentially over another. Due to the F1 calendar our options are very restricted so this means that unfortunately this cannot be avoided. I apologise for the inconvenience but hope you understand why this happens.

Do you know what? We dont get paied as well for organising a sim racing league and we have daytime jobs as well... We one and only do it for the community. Sometimes its hard if you only get criticized and never hear a compliment.

Really feel for you guys, I know how that feels as I host a number of league races. Shame some people don't appreciate the work you do. I for one am grateful :)

Keep up the good work

As team owner of a WC team I must say that, I had no idea it was Easter, since I don't care about Easter. I do agree next time it should be made avoiding international holidays. As far as this discussion goes, the whole discussion is pointless, nothing will be changed as it has been agreed by the internal "FSR" club+administration, and once approved, unless there is a major problem, it wont be changed.

As for daytime jobs, I, one day, will get in trouble at work, since I do FSR stuff from work between a build (game) and another lol.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back