FSR 2015 Calendar

Some people don't find Easter important either, and other holidays are more important to some. Who should have a say?

No one is forcing you to race.

Some people don't find Easter important either, and other holidays are more important to some. Who should have a say?

No one is forcing you to race.
I'm still racing, it's 8am in EST so won't interfere with my plans too bad. However just seems pretty silly both in terms of restricting competitors+viewers. Not really my problem, again just incredibly short-sighted.

I'm with Ben on this; while it's true that some celebrate easter and some don't, the vast majority of us comes from a culture, where easter is/used to be the biggest holiday of the year, and in these days it at least remains a day of family gathering for quite some of us.

I see there's not much it can be done as we try not to clash with f1 races, but I raise my voice so that there would be more considering about the major holydays in the future. It's always a compromise, but it's good to consider options; we could for instance have easter free and have round 1 on previous non-f1 weekend.

I'm still racing, it's 8am in EST so won't interfere with my plans too bad. However just seems pretty silly both in terms of restricting competitors+viewers. Not really my problem, again just incredibly short-sighted.

Taking a quick look at GPCOS, FSR has raced on easter holidays in 2009,2010,2012 (2012 the opening race). It would have happened even more often, but most years easter came before our season had even started.

I haven't seen it being discussed in TOA ever not to race on easter (and F1 seems to think the same). On other hand drivers should have more deciding power in schedule matters rather than a few old team owners decide it in some semi-dead forum, but that's another matter.

Taking a quick look at GPCOS, FSR has raced on easter holidays in 2009,2010,2012 (2012 the opening race). It would have happened even more often, but most years easter came before our season had even started.

I haven't seen it being discussed in TOA ever not to race on easter (and F1 seems to think the same). On other hand drivers should have more deciding power in schedule matters rather than a few old team owners decide it in some semi-dead forum, but that's another matter.

Fair enough again it's my first year doing a full season, maybe I'm the first Christian FSR racer with family commitments? Can't miss the girlfriends parents ham!

We are lucky a few owners agree. Getting every driver to agree would be a nightmare.

I am one that wanted to start the season earlier. It would have solved the double weekend issues and would have probably let us have Easter off.

Is there a holiday as important as Easter on the calendar? Races are of no importance most of us should have DVR anyways. Why not hold the final race on Xmas day too
Do you ever thought about, that we have people here from all religions? Shall we care about every muslim, every buddism and every christian holiday day?
And the importance of the holiday days is very different in different countries. So dont think only because in Canada its a important day, that this is in other countries the same.

Do you ever thought about, that we have people here from all religions? Shall we care about every muslim, every buddism and every christian holiday day?
And the importance of the holiday days is very different in different countries. So dont think only because in Canada its a important day, that this is in other countries the same.
Do you ever think about not being rude before you write a reply?

I'm not saying we should avoid EVERY holiday, just saying it's silly to plan the first event on a holiday that a large portion of the competitors/viewers countries will have traditions. But hey if you want to be combative and ignorant about it not my problem. At the end of the day FSR suffers not me, I don't give a **** If 10 people turn on the stream or 1000 As I'm just here to race and have a good time.

Do what ever is most important to you whether that is racing or spending time with family as after all this is just a game. If FSR catered to every drivers needs I doubt a single race would even take place.

Many sports take place on holidays like football in England for example, boxing day, new years day and even this easter day so its nothing new.

Do what ever is most important to you whether that is racing or spending time with family as after all this is just a game. If FSR catered to every drivers needs I doubt a single race would even take place.

Many sports take place on holidays like football in England for example, boxing day, new years day and even this easter day so its nothing new.

Just saying that I've been involved in ESports for a long time, one of the fundamental rules of getting high viewership is not competing with other organisations or dates which will conflict with your viewers ability to tune in. Obviously no one here cares so debate over.

If you want to do something else just not race. Simple as that.

Well, we want to both race and celebrate holidays, and I think our reasons are objective enough that it's allright to propose avoiding the most important holidays when planning calendars in the future. And it's understandable that if I am a christian, I'm going to propose avoiding racing on my biggest holiday of the year. If there's someone from any other culture that wants to avoid his big holiday, he's got every right to propose that.

Forums are here so we can have a talk, and guys, please at least try to understand others, instead of taking the (aggresive) contra position instantly. It will spare us a lot of bad mood.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%