FSR 2013 Rules

Main Changes from 2012:
No refueling
Mandatory use of both tire compounds during a race
No team limits in WS & WT

Also please note that the mandatory two-tire compound restriction will not apply for the first round at Melbourne. Reason being, we are still testing the implementation to ensure that tire compounds can be read in post-race checks.

And here are all of the rule documents for 2013:

2013 FSR General Rules Document

The General Rules Document is valid for all divisions. It also includes the Online Rules Supplement and the Penalty Guidelines Supplement.

2013 FSR WC Rules Supplement

The WC Rules Supplement is only meant to be used for the WC division.

2013 FSR WS Rules Supplement

The WS Rules Supplement is only meant to be used for the WS division.

2013 FSR WT Rules Supplement

The WT Rules Supplement is only meant to be used for the WT division.

Due to remaining issues with checking tire compounds reliably for all different rFactor configurations, the ISR Club Board has decided to maintain free use of tire compounds for both the WS and the WT race of Round 2, Bahrain.

I think my last reply is a bit confusing, I believe tires aren't locked from Q2 to Race (what I wanted to say is that you must start with the same compound as Q2), and the race directors will check the logs to see if you started with the same Q2 compound or not.

Can we publish the files after races for each wc driver sovwe all lnow who started on what tyre and what the effect was after q2? I think that this will be very interresting who did what and on what tyres so all will be fair to everyone

There is another tip, if you see someone 2sec slower than normal, he is on Hard tyres :D

bruydd8.gif

Due to remaining issues with checking tire compounds reliably for all different rFactor configurations, the ISR Club Board has decided to maintain free use of tire compounds for both the WS and the WT race of Round 2, Bahrain.

Please confirm for me that this nullifies rules 12.4, and 12.5 for round 2?

Drivers who set a laptime in Q2 must start the race on the same compound that they used in Q2,
failing to do so will result in disqualification and in repeat occurences, a race ban.

Drivers must use both tire compounds (soft & hard) for at least 1 complete lap during the race, failing
to do so will result in disqualification and in repeat occurences, a race ban.

The Club Board has decided to stick with the current tire rule for WS & WT, that is, free compounds allowed both in Q2 and in the race. This due to the several issues related to rFactor .exe compatibility (to allow reading the compounds from the logs). If the rule would change at some point, you can expect a public announcement. As the situation is now, this is what we will race with until the end of the season.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%