FSR 2013 - Rfactor 2 or Assetto Corsa?

As we see this year, old software doesn´t keep drivers away, and with this weather plugin it could even provide some new challenges.

Well, if both rF2 and AC are gold, things will change quickly for sure. rFactor 2 is having a much slower development than expected, otherwise a lot of people would be playing there instead the old rF.

Maybe I am wrong, but probably most of the guys who want to keep with rF1 are still quite new with that game. I really doubt that someone who is playing rF since 2006 wants to spend another year playing it at a competitive level.

Mhm, to the moment you are right. Returning in topic, I am sure that the staff will appraise to fund the matter. However, i don't have any problem to use rFactor for 2013.

What we have to make sure we don't do is move to another piece of software out of desperation because yes we have been with rFactor a long time but if we move to Assetto Corsa and the mod and tracks are not there then it will be a worse league than if we stay with rFactor, where we know we can get the tracks and the cars. It's important to make sure that any software FSR moves to has enough content to be able to justify a full season. Also there are things still being released for rFactor that could be used to make it more interesting next season and more appealable to new drivers. If you haven't seen the RFE Weather Plugin you really need to so maybe that's something we could use next year to freshen things up a bit. There are things we can do to make rFactor better next year if we still have to use it.

That's what happened this year, rF2 wasn't ready and we used the old rF.

Anyway, personally I am tired to drive the same track versions since 2005 or even earlier (GP4). As a driver, if I had to choose between 18 of those tracks and a new game with 6 F1 tracks + other non F1 tracks, with 2012 technology, I choose the 2nd option.

If we had enough good tracks to justify a season David then yes we could replace some F1 tracks with non-F1 tracks that are of a good standard but from what I see from rF2 and Assetto Corsa at the moment even that is unlikely for the 2013 season. Also the RFE Weather plugin as I said before would add a new dimension and I think should be seriously considered. It seems a good quality plugin and better than the wet tracks rF1 has had in the past.

If you want to make FSR only for the rich then yes but no sorry do not like iRacing and as David mentioned FSR is at the forefront of its kind. If it turned to iRacing it wouldn't be because they have their own F1 league. FSR is expensive enough without having to pay crazy money again during a year to actually have the software and cars.

What about Project C.A.R.S.? I have never tried it and I don't like the gameplay videos, but for somebody could be another option; of course we don't know it enough, like Assetto Corsa.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back